News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana has Two New Red Hats!

Started by Big John, June 26, 2023, 02:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

Jayshoneybunny and Cheriesgeek are now the two newest red hats of Indiana. Since their first shoot in their home state as Instructors was this past weekend's shoot at Redbrush Rifle Range in Evansville, I'll take the opportunity to brag on them a little on behalf of the State of the Hoosier.

They are greatly appreciated in our little enclave in SW Indiana and they are pursuing spearheading some increased Appleseed presence in the SE part of the state with the incorporation of some Ohio border raiders.

Both of them passed their instructor checks and took the hat in Wyoming at the recent Memorial Circus Ten Day event, but they deserve a home state forum recognition thread as is the custom. The Wyoming circus AAR is here. https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=65620.0.

These are some traveling instructors, folks. May you see them at an event near you.

Big huzzah.

Geek

Aww, shucks.... you're making my face match the color of my new hat.  Or maybe it is from all that sun this past weekend. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. I got the orange hat at Evansville.   It was nice to have Evansville as my first event with the new hat.

Geek
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

sur+rifle

Congrats again and thank you both for all you do for the program!  It is always a great pleasure to instruct with you.  And your seventh stepping is incredible.  Best wishes for all your future Appleseeding! :beer:

RJD Sr

R.J.

1st Appleseed: Patriots Day 2009
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6695.0
2nd Appleseed: September 2022 
Scored Rifleman September 2022

1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21AUG2021 Curtice, OH
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 13NOV2021 Piqua, OH
3rd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21MAY2022 Curtice, OH
Scored Pistoleer™ 21MAY2022

Dagny

What awesome news.  Congratulations to you both!

Can't wait to see you guys at the next shoot and would love to hear all about Wyoming. 
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." â€" Ayn Rand

1st Appleseed: Patriots Day 2009
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6695.0

2nd Appleseed: August 2011
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24570.0

Rifleman Score: Pending

Fair weather shooting confirmed.
1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21AUG2021 Curtice, OH - temps reached 100
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 13NOV2021 Piqua, OH - it snowed
3rd Appleseed Pistol Clinic 21MAY2022 Curtice, OH - temps just right!
Scored Pistoleer™ with a 215 on 21MAY2022 https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=63008.0
Cleared Appleseed Pistol Clinic redcoat 22May2022

Darkfoot

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

MI-copperhead

HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH !  and Congratulations!
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Captain

I was there and saw it with my own eyes!! Congrats and well earned!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

LadyRimfire

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Fidget

Pookie

During the seventy years which elapsed between the overthrow of the Stuart dynasty and the victory of Wolfe on the Heights of Abraham, the relations between the American colonies and the British government were, on the whole, peaceful; and the history of the colonies, except for the great and romantic struggle with New France, would have been almost destitute of striking incidents. In view of the perpetual menace from France, it was clearly unwise for the British government to irritate the colonies, or do anything to weaken their loyalty; and they were accordingly left very much to themselves. Still, they were not likely to be treated with any great liberality,â€"for such was not then, as it is hardly even yet, the way of governments...

Captain America

I guess I'm a little late to the party! Congratulations are in order! We are so excited for your future in our state!

twenty2LR