News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The M1

Started by The Wolfhound, June 23, 2023, 11:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

As some of you know I have taken a bit more interest in the M1 rifle of late.  I found this article to be quite informative.
https://gunsandgarden.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/sighting-in-your-m1-garand-or-m1a-rifle/

hawkeye

The M1 is a great rifle, lots of history behind them. I shot rifleman with one of mine in 2008 at a boot camp in Ramseur. It's one of the few rifles you can buy from the government though CMP. Plenty of people selling parts and easy to maintain and after the last round is fired, you get the ping. The Ruger 10/22 is a great trainer for the M1 Garand too. Here's some 10/22 LTR's that I made for my daughter and son to use at Appleseeds in 2009. I weighted the M1 one to feel like a Garand. The M1 Garand is a rifleman's rifle as well as the M14.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student