News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Aurora, MN AAR - June 10-11, 2023

Started by ProudPapa14, June 11, 2023, 11:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProudPapa14

Thank you to the awesome participants who came out for our Appleseed event at East Range Sportsman's & Conservation Club.  We had good weather for June in the north county.  The nine of you who came out were a pleasure to work with.  Thank you for your perseverance and your grace over the weekend.  Thank you for coming out and learning to be better rifleman and rifle-ladies and being so engaged with our heritage discussions.  It was a true pleasure to spend time with each of you.

Saturday's first AQT showed we had potential in the group - both Gyle and Tim shot well - 207 and 209 respectively.  The others were showing improvement and were working diligently on implementing the 6-steps, steady-hold factors, and working on their NPOA.

Sunday started with Gyle clearing the Hits Count target in the morning, our interactive review and some squares to confirm our rifles and then we moved on to our first AQT - again we had Tim, Gyle, and Scott knocking on the door.  Tim was able to get a 214 on is 3rd AQT of the day with Gyle getting 143 out of 150 on the first 3 stages before we had a 10-round 10/22 mag some how deliver 12 rounds onto his target - still baffled as the next two targets also showed 10 hits, so we're not sure how that happened.  We decided to shoot the 4th AQT bottom up and Gyle pulled out score that was just 21 short ...  of 250  ;D  (I wish we had the camera's rolling when Sawyer told you with that)  Congratulations on earning your rifleman patch.

Scott was shooting high 180/190s scores, but just couldn't quite get there.  Hannah, Haley, and Sharon - way to stick with it and show improvements throughout the weekend.

Once I get the sorted and reviewed, I'll post what pictures I was able to capture for the weekend.

Congratulations on the two new rifleman, both of whom also cleared the hits count target once on Sunday, and to all the other participants for coming out and enjoying a weekend learning to more about our shared heritage of marksmanship and liberty.

TheDestroyer

Thank you to all the participants for coming out and sticking with us had a great time helping you improve your marksmanship and hope to see you on the line again soon
"Cities may be rebuilt, and people reduced to poverty, may acquire fresh property, But a constitution of government once changed from freedom, can never be restored, liberty once lost, is lost forever. When the people once surrendered thier share in the legislature, and their right of defending the limitations upon the government, and of resisting every encroachment upon them, they can never regain it."
John Adams

ProudPapa14

Pictures:

Group Photo On Saturday:

Riflemen:

The Line: