News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lebanon, CT June 3,4 2023

Started by 300berg, June 07, 2023, 08:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

300berg

Five shooters gathered for a weekend of marksmanship and heritage.

Before the day began, our gracious hosts, the Bozrah Rod & Gun Club of Lebanon, CT served us a cook to order breakfast!
And then did it again at lunch!  Their facility was awesome, and their support and friendship was even better.  Thank you, Bozrah!

Shooters Brian, Conway, Daniel, Dmytro, and Matt had fantastic attitudes and fantastic shot groups, that got even better.

The teachable attitude is when a shooter says, "I'm pretty good at cross-legged, can you teach me open-legged so I get skilled at that, too?"

The teachable attitude is when a shooter sees their improvement, wants more, and says, "Can we keep doing what we're doing?  Its working!"

This group had tons of the right attitude.

TOMINCT and 300berg delivered engaging strikes, and Kosciuszko rocked the modeling and camera work.

On Day 2 following KD, we did 100 and 200 yard shots.  Group sizes shrank to 3.5 MoA!  Learning from our bullet drop at 100 yards, we calculated MoA drop for 200 yards: 20 minutes.

And the steel targets were hit!

I look forward to working with you all again.  Huzzah!

300berg

300berg

300berg

300berg

300berg

Thank you Ted and Bob and all of Bozrah Rod & Gun Club!

TOMINCT

As 300berg stated it was a good small group of shooters to work with. The weather and range couldn't be better for the weekend and much improvement was seen over both days.

A couple of attendees were very new and proved that having an open mind and applying the fundamentals as taught makes for big improvements in capabilities. Going from 12-15 moa to 4 doesn't happen by accident!

On Sunday we had the range available out to 200 yards and upon 300berg's insistence we got our KD lesson in, had the shooters learn about trajectory and group size at 100 yards, then using holdovers to gain hits at that distance. We then brought them back to the line, made adjustments and took both of them to gaining hits at 200 yards. It was an eye opening experience for sure!

Although no riflemen were forthcoming it was good to see so much improvement over two days and we hope they keep at it between events.  Thank you for attending.

I'd like to thank 300berg and Kosciuszko for their help over the weekend. 300berg made it down from NH to do so, we appreciate both of you for your assistance.

A big thanks goes out to the Bozrah Rod and Gun club for hosting the event. They always do a great job and we look forward to their hosting other events in the future.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13