News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Farewell to Reformed Redneck

Started by Maximum Ordinate, June 01, 2023, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

It's with a sad heart that I share this news.

Reformed Redneck (Larry Cernik) has gone on to meet the Founders.  He lived in Idaho and was the husband of TruTenacity.  Reformed Redneck joined the program in 2007 is a retired Appleseed Shoot Bosses.  He was a dedicated and influential leader in the early days of Project Appleseed.

Please keep Tru and her family in your prayers during this time of loss.

QuoteLarry Eugene Cernik 11/19/1950 - 05/28/2023
Heaven has received another saint to swell the ranks of those who are already singing our Lord's praises for all eternity. Larry Cernik ran his race well, with faithfulness, to the end.

Larry was born at St. Joseph's Hospital in Denver, Colorado to Eldon and Esther Louise Cernik.

He graduated from South High School in Denver, Colorado in 1969 and went on to study math, literature, and philosophy at the University of Colorado, Denver Center from 1969-1971. In 1973, Larry was ordained as a minister at Shiloh Youth Revival Center in Dexter, Oregon where he served his people faithfully before returning to Denver in 1978.
Larry was joined together with Shawn in marriage on May 21, 1983 in Denver, Colorado. Larry and Shawn moved with their five children to Idaho in 1998.

Larry was a man of integrity who loved God, his family, his friends, and his country. He was a man who sought out truth, justice, and righteousness and earned the respect of many as a friend, theologian, philosopher, and teacher. The meticulous work of his hands as a master craftsman showed very clearly that he did all to the glory of the Lord.

During his last days and hours, he was surrounded by his wife and children who stayed by his side talking, reading, praying, and singing to him. He peacefully passed into the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, his Savior, from his home and the company of his loved ones on the morning of May 28, 2023. Faithful to the end.

Larry was preceded in death by his parents, a child, and twin grandchildren.

He leaves behind his beloved wife, Shawn Cernik; his children, Joseph (Sarah), Matthew (Vivien), Leslie (Jeremiah), Heather (Benjamin), and Patrick (Meara); his eight grandchildren, Crispin, Isaac, Sophia, Declan, Emma, Riley, Logan, and Owen; and his brother, Rick (Wendy).

We ask you to join us in celebrating that Larry is fully restored and rejoicing in the glory we all seek, even as we grieve the loss of his presence.

An open-house viewing will take place at Short's Funeral Chapel in Moscow, Idaho on June 6, 2023 from 12:00-6:00pm. Family may or may not be present.

You are warmly invited to Larry's graveside service. A procession will begin promptly at 8:45am from Short's Funeral Chapel in Moscow, Idaho to Burnt Ridge Cemetery (1152-1186 Burnt Ridge Rd, Troy, Idaho 83871) on June 7th, 2023. If you miss the procession, please join us out at the cemetery. Come as you are.

An open memorial service will be held at Trinity Reformed Church (101 E Palouse River Dr, Moscow, Idaho) on June 7th, 2023 at 11:00am. Light refreshment reception immediately following. Please feel free to come as you are.

In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorials be made to Huguenot Heritage or the Christ Church Building Fund. Christ Church, P.O. Box 8741, Moscow, ID 83843

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TruTenacity

Boy has it been a long LONG time since I have been on the forum. All our children are now married and have children of their own. We have been blessed.

Thank you for posting! Larry loved God, family, and freedom. He was a true godly patriot down to the core. Appleseed meant a lot to him, but the people and the message meant even more. Keep up the good work. Let freedom ring and may God be glorified with all you do.

Blessings,
TruT (Shawn Cernik)
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

malabar

A great big THANK YOU to the both of you, for all that you have done for the program and to advance the mission.

You are both missed. If we can do anything, just let me know.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

DEH

From our perspective it is always sad to see a fellow member pass.  Especially a foundational member like Reformed Redneck.  I never did meet him or any of his family but I saw them serve in Appleseed during the early days.  That he was Christian and destined for Heaven was apparent even through the filter of the forum. I have read that the early Church celebrated someone's passing more than they did a birth.  So I do celebrate his passing in that regard; however, I mourn the loss of a true believer when there is so much more work to do.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

scuzzy

Quote from: TruTenacity on June 01, 2023, 06:13:33 PM
Boy has it been a long LONG time since I have been on the forum. All our children are now married and have children of their own. We have been blessed.

Thank you for posting! Larry loved God, family, and freedom. He was a true godly patriot down to the core. Appleseed meant a lot to him, but the people and the message meant even more. Keep up the good work. Let freedom ring and may God be glorified with all you do.

Blessings,
TruT (Shawn Cernik)

Hey Tru,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. I really don't know what to say other than I'm sure he is in a better place now than we are. Jesus and our Father will welcome him with open arms.

scuzzy
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Prescott

This is very melancholy news to receive.  It unfortunately reminds me that it has been far too long since I have seen the Cernik family.   This family was a great inspiration to me in my early AS years and Larry was a great shoot boss that I longed to be able to emulate.

As I just read this post, I can not make the service tomorrow due to previous commitments , but the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I am happy that Larry is with the Creator and has an opportunity to chat with the Founders. 

I hope our paths will once again cross!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Mr. Clean

Shawn, I am saddend to hear of your loss, a loss to North Idaho patriots and Appleseeders everywhere. Even years after retiring from the program, numerous instructors credited Larry and your family for inspiring their own engagement in Appleseed. You surely don't know how much and how widespread the good you all did. I will remember Larry for his patient coaching and instruction he gave me when I started my IIT journey. His legacy in the Appleseed program locally lives on at Fernan where we continue the mission of saving our country one rifleman at a time. Our paths crossed from the very first shoot at Fernan in 2006, when I happened to be placed on the line next to Leslie, Larry and your older son. I have been instructing and shoot bossing events carrying on in Larry's footsteps. Thank you and your valiant husband for inspiring me to persist. My prayers are with you all.