News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN April 4&5

Started by Big Papa, April 06, 2009, 03:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa

Another wonderful weekend at Arnold Engineering Development Center. It was all put together by Claude. Thank you again Claude! Thank you too Bobbie!
Great weather, the rain held off until I was on the way home. Very comfortable temperatures all weekend.

27 shooters on Saturday and 23 on Sunday. 5 new Riflemen and Riflewomen! Congratulations to Claude, Andrew, David, Mark and Catherine!!! :~ :~ There were about 8 more shooters in the 180 range and above. I'm sure they will dry fire and show up at the next Appleseed. Right? ;D

It was great to see families on the line together. Fathers, mothers, grandparents, sons, daughters, and inlaws. I was obvious after a couple of hours that everyone there was from the same family, the Appleseed family.

We knew it was going to be a productive weekend as soon as we shot the first Red coat. 15 shooters had all three shots in the 100 yd. Redcoat, 7  cleared the 200, 5 cleared the 300 and Claude cleared the whole thing.

Those of you who took pictures, please post them here.

A special thank you to everyone that pitched in the help put the range back in order when we were done.
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

freedomkat

I had such a great time at Appleseed in Manchester. I wasn't sure what to expect and it surpassed all expectations. Thank you to all the wonderful instructors for all their hard work. I got there not knowing how to find the safety on a gun or how to put a magazine in, and learned so much!
Big Papa, how can I work to promote Appleseed? Are any of the instructors from the Manchester event willing to come instruct an event in Nashville if we can plan it? I think I have found some private land that would work and we have at least 15 people already who want to attend. Would anyone else want to attend if we host one in the Nashville area? What month is good for you guys? we were thinking May or June).
Thanks again to everyone! It was so nice to meet everyone. Let's all keep in touch!
Catherine
All might be free if they valued freedom, and defended it as they should. -Samuel Adams

Big Papa

Can we come to Nashville? **) **)

I'm sure we can work it out!

PM incoming!

hawkhavn

Freedomkat,

If Big Papa doesn't want to put on a 'seed in Nashville, let me know and I'll come down from Indiana!   :)

If'n you don't mind, drop by this thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4577.0

Take a look at what other ladies have had to say, and then leave a few (or many) of your own words.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Big Papa

Hawkhavn, we'll let you come visit. **)

hawkhavn

Well seeing as to how it is sleeting and snowing outside right now, TN sounds pretty good!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

TAZDevil

I am always over come with the genuine goodness of the people I meet at appleseeds.

Where are you in my daily life?  Really, the 6 hour drive each way is well worth the weekend of good company and the smell of gun powder.  Most importantly, I know we are awakening people from their slumber and getting them out of their deck chairs.  Freedomkat welcome to the 7th step.

TAZ
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

Appalacious

My first non-GA appleseed and I have to say I was impressed.  TN boys (and girls) know how to shoot! 
Lets see... I can't think of anything crazy/comical to say about this appleseed (unlike most others I go to) and THATS HOW I LIKE IT!
A very smooth shoot overall.  Lots of rounds downrange, even though we did alot of dry fire early on, the instruction clearly was still effective.

As is usually the case, the people I brought want to go again, and they told their friends, and they want to come now, too.
Most of these people are in NASH-Vegas, so a shoot up there would probably be easier for them.  Hey Kat, start a thread in the TN section about that.  Let us know how we can help, etc.

Thanks guys,  We had a great time.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

kb4jhu

Thanks for all the fun we had at the appleseed shoot.  Enjoyed meeting all the instructors from last year.  When you get ready do get on base accomodiation, I will do a letter to get approval for you to stay on base.  This would save some on motel costs and even stay at the famcamp as well.  Already talked to the security police, and I just need to request, based on specific dates.

Again my son and I enjoyed another appleseed.  Great work and always thank you for your time.

V/R

-Michael
Michael - KB4JHU
Amateur Radio Extra Class

atmiller

Had a great time, and learned a lot.  Went from a backyard plinker to a Rifleman. 

But Rifleman is only the beginning.  And now I know what to practice to make myself better.  I look forward to attending more Appleseeds, and bringing others with me. 

Appalacious

Hey atmiller!
Great to see you on the forum.  Stick around and help out where you can.

I was the instructor on your line sunday with Big Papa.  Sure was good to add you to the Rifleman roll.  Welcome aboard.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

atmiller

Appalacious, I talked to your wife some afterwards.  Sounds like you have in-laws in Murfreesboro.  Will you be in Manchester for the upcoming Appleseeds? 

I'm going to try to get my wife to one this summer too.