News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN - May 20-21, 2023

Started by dond, May 25, 2023, 09:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

A sold out line of 20 shooters gathered at the Henry County Gun Clubhouse May 20 for safety briefings and history. A mild rain stopped before we gathered at the range for further instruction and shooting. Of course we used the Standard Course of Fire and it worked extremely well. After some instruction and dryfire, some exceptional groups appeared. This was followed by more instruction and shooting, and the shooters continued to improve.

We were happy to welcome The Outdoor Channel as it filmed our event at the range all day Saturday.

On Sunday, we again presented information, followed by shooting. Soon we began the AQTs. The first one produced a strong Rifleman score. The second, a repeat high Rifleman score and an additional high Rifleman score. We had the shooters perform an NPOA exercise and this resulted in more Riflemen. In fact, the overall result was seven Riflemen, including a Distinguished Rifleman Score.

Pack shot three scores with a high of 246! William shot two scores with a high of 236. Others were; Rick, 223; Coye, 218; Annabelle, 217; Jimmy, 216; and Dan, 215. And Pack, Rick, Coye, Annabelle, and Dan were all first time Appleseeders! How about that? Congratulations guys. But also, congratulations to all the shooters. They were exceedingly safe, worked diligently, and I believe they appreciated the history as much as the shooting. This is one of the best group of shooters I have ever worked with.

Furthermore, the instructors performed magnificently. Without that, we couldn't have achieved these remarkable results.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Mrs. Smith

Hat's off to the master, donD, who always shows us how to Git R Done   :bow:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Pack

Thanks to dond and all the instructors for putting on this excellent training opportunity.

You are correct in your belief that we appreciated the history as much as the marksmanship instruction, dond!

I can't wait to attend the KD course as well.

Roswell

Wow! Sounds like a great event. I must admit, I was resistant at first but the standard COF is becoming the GOLD standard. Those results speak for themselves. And super cool the Outdoor Channel was there.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

wcoop

I really enjoyed these 2 days. I made some new friends and got to know some others a little better.  All the instructors were terrific, very patient and eager to help.
The history was told in an interesting and entertaining way. 
      Thanks to everyone that worked and gave their time to make this happen.  I, too, am looking forward to the KD in Puryear later this year.

JustKim

WOW!!!  Sounds like an amazing event!  Congrats to all!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Steck

What a terrific weekend!

Please let us know how to find it on The Outdoor Channel so that we can show others what Appleseed is all about!

Palousie

Looks like another awesome TN event. I second Steck's request!

dond

I believe the name of the series is Shooting USA. The producer will let us know when it will be published. I'll let you know when we hear something.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Profadvent

Yes, great training.  Also, thanks to Rusty for helping me change my 'tactical' shooting stance to a more relaxed one.  My score greatly increased after that.  And I'm also sold on using a sling now...

Wendy Gordon

Kudos to Dond and the entire Appleseed event Instructors.!  What a great time!  Really appreciated all the personal marksmanship instruction and helpful reminders.  Your attention to detail was impeccable.
This was my first time to an Appleseed event. Much to my disappointment, I did not qualify but learned a lot about shooting and look forward to returning.  I give this training 5 stars and would recommend it to anyone. Time well spent y'all! 

wcoop

A friend told me, last Saturday Sept. 2, that he had seen me on tv earlier in the week. He went on to explain that he had watched the program, about Appleseed,
that was filmed in Puryear earlier this year for The Outdoor Channel.  I do not get The Outdoor Channel and have not been able to locate it elsewhere.