News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saluda, NC Libertyseed Sept. 22-24

Started by upacreek, May 09, 2023, 03:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upacreek

Attention fellow Appleseed Instructors! We have an awesome opportunity coming up to spread the message of Liberty! We have a scored a spot to do a Libertyseed at Prepper Camp in Saluda, North Carolina from September 22-24. We will have a 10 x 10 vendor's booth.  We'll be meeting people, telling them about Appleseed, and signing them up for an event. Given the space and the time constraints demonstrations, if any will be minimal, but hopefully we can work in some DOM stories. Mainly though it will be passing out tri-folds, answering questions about the program, shaking babies and kissing hands.

We're looking for about 4 friendly volunteers that are interested in helping out - ideally ones that are already planning on going to the camp out, since we only have 2 free tickets to the event. The campground itself is right on the border with Saluda, South Carolina.  That's about 40 minutes south of Ashville, NC and nearly 2 hr NW of Columbia, SC.  I have a tent only campsite that will fit 2 more small tents.  There are hotels within half an hour too. 

It's a lot of fun and all about prepping and homesteading.  Volunteers can attend the classes that continue throughout the weekend when they're not manning the booth or just hang out at a very nice campground.  There's 7 classes a day with 8 classes each one hour(ish) period to choose from.  There's also entertainment Friday night and a guest speaker and presentation Saturday night.  We set up on Thursday and break down Sunday.  Here's their website if you'd like to learn more about the campout - https://www.preppercamp.com.  The schedule is still last year's schedule, but the basic structure of it probably won't change much. Full disclosure on the campout - it leans heavily on the conservative/libertarian side.

Camp ticket prices increase next Tuesday, May 15th from $59.95 to $64.95. Remember I have 2 free ones to give out.

Give me a call or message me with any questions.

Thanks,
Carol Thompson
Upacreek
762-448-0863
clthompson337@gmail.com
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.