News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Motherload of Target Backers

Started by POP, April 05, 2009, 08:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

Last Fall, prior to the November General Election, Scout was talking about using those political signs for target backers.  So, while TheUpsetter and I were at Davilla eleven-oh-eight Mrs. POP gathered up a trunkful of those signs on November 5th. (Thank you Mrs. POP).

I have used them numerous times over the past several months and conclude that they make terrific target backers.  They do not splinter, they do not pooch back towards the firing line thus aggravating the shooter putting up a new target.  You can staple, tape, wire tie, cut to size, and reuse multiple times.  And, they are sturdy and LIGHT WEIGHT!

So, after the city council elections here in the Sparkling City By the Sea Mrs. POP and I went out cleaning up the City, in short we conducted our own clean up campaign.  The obvious benefit of our effort was that Sunday morning on the way to church we did not have to look at all those ugly political signs ... the city looked real nice, bright, and sparkly by the sea.  @) (I have wanted to used that angel for a long time! ;D).

The not so obvious benefit  ::) was that we have target backers and T-Posts for Appleseed shoots for the next millennium.   <:)

Political signs come in all sizes.  Most are rectangular and not larger than 4'x8'.  The 4' squares are the size we will use here for the April 18 shoot.  So, I will cut down the 4x8s, add in the 4'ers, and presto, enough backers to last a long time.  ...  Unless, that is, we start booking the range full each month.  That would be a tragedy! ::)

Well, Back to Bailing.
See you on the range.  :~ :~ :~

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

TaosGlock

BlueFeather and I bought some reasonably cheap. They were all gone around here when we tried to collect some. We bought the plain white, before they print on them. Unlike cardboard, they can be left up in rain or heavy dew that would melt cardboard.
They hold up very well.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

POP

TG
Excellent point I forgot to mention.

WaterProof.  <:) O0

Thanks.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

resdep

Check with your local Staples/office supply store. They rotate their signage and at least around northern Indiana they are glad to give it away.
resdep

POP

Sounds like another good source for target backers.

Thanks, resdep.

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

resdep

I forgot to mention that they hold up well in the rain. I have had one outside in the Indiana weather for 2 months and it still holds staples and target very well. I have a friend that is retired from Staples and he gets them for me every 6 months or so. I have enough for the Auburn, In AS coming up in May.
resdep

TaosGlock

For those who can't "scrounge" em' up, here was our source. It was the cheapest online source we found:
banditsigns.com
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose