News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso, TX, April 29th & 30th, 2023 - AAR

Started by desert_diver, May 02, 2023, 10:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert_diver

7 enthusiastic shooters turned out to learn American history and rifle marksmanship skills at the El Paso Community College's indoor range.  It is an amazing facility and Project Appleseed has the opportunity to use it free of charge 4 weekends per year. 

One shooter earned a rifleman patch, then improved his score; several other shooters had scores between 190 and 210.  The next opportunity for those almost-rifleman in El Paso to persist is July 22nd and 23rd (https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=7&eventid=9008)

John: 212 and 218

Great job by the local cadre to provide high-quality instruction. 

A limited number of photos will follow in the next day or so - I had too much fun running the event and working with the shooters to think about taking pictures.

Mrs. Smith

I'm glad my crew took good care of you, Jon!  And I'm happy to see that everyone did so well!!  Huzzah!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24