News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Amarillo, TX April 15th & 16th, 2023

Started by desert_diver, April 19, 2023, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert_diver

Another great event at the Amarillo Rifle & Pistol Club's indoor range!  The facility is top notch; Scott K. and Kathryn K., our range contacts, provided lunch both days. 

I was glad I stocked up on Rifleman Patches.  7 shooters made a Rifleman score for the first time; 2 shooter requalified; 1 shooter earned a distinguished (optics) patch. 

Thanks to Joe D. for stepping up to take an Orange Hat.  ApprenticeCarpenter earned his Red Hat.

The students were enthusiastic and the cadre was great to work with. 

Mrs. Smith

Holy cow!!!   :bow:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

3Sigma4Minutes

I'm excited to be involved volunteering with Appleseed in the future!

My Rifleman patch was a long time coming: 10+ years. It was great to see such a well attended event here in Amarillo, and I hope to keep the program growing in our region!

Thanks, desert_diver and the rest of the instructors!

-Joe
Three Sigma: 99.7% of data points in a normal distribution
Four Minutes: Four inches at 100 yards

Rifleman: 4-16-2023

GenX Minuteman

Will

I don't think we had more than 14 total shooters!

Mrs. Smith

Great job, and thanks to the instructors who traveled in to make this event a success!  What a great bunch of students.  GenX, thanks for documenting it in photos so thoroughly.  And Joe D, thanks for picking up a bucket.

Huzzah!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

GenX Minuteman

Yep, Will is correct!  We only had a maximum of 14 shooters on the line and out of those we had 10 achieve a score above 210!!!!  This is outstanding!  The Panhandle crew does not mess around!  Always great to see the Shoot Boss sweat about whether or not he has enough Rifleman patches to hand out at the event, hahahahahaha!!!!

Chad Stovell - GenX Minuteman

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: GenX Minuteman on April 21, 2023, 11:27:47 AM
Always great to see the Shoot Boss sweat about whether or not he has enough Rifleman patches to hand out at the event, hahahahahaha!!!!

Chad Stovell - GenX Minuteman

That's a pretty awesome problem to have  ;D

Txgoatlady

Thanks to all you guys for helping us get our Amarillo program going again. I think it is getting a lot of interest from participants sharing their experience.

JustKim

YAY!  Looks like an amazing event!  I can't wait to attend another event at the Amarillo Range!! 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Steck

Jon and crew, what a great shoot! 
All signs point to Amarillo producing even more of these successes in the future  O0