News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy 248th Patriots' Day!

Started by Maximum Ordinate, April 19, 2023, 07:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Good morning!

248 years ago, ordinary men and women stepped out of their homes and did selfless, extraordinary things for us - their Posterity!

I hope you encourage friends, family, and coworkers to take a moment to reflect on the heroism and sacrifices of those brave men and women who turned out on April 19th!

May Liberty Increase!
MO

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Mrs. Smith

Happy Patriots Day, all.

Make good use of it  :)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

bravhrt

What a glorious morning is this! ~ Samuel Adams 04.19.1775
I tell you true, liberty is the best of all things. Never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. ~ William Wallace

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. ~ Wyatt Earp

Let us drop talking and get on with our work. ~ Michael Collins

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
Pistoleerâ„¢ - 10.17.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range
KD Rifleman & Morgan's Shingle - 10.02.22 @ Ben Lomond GC

USSEnterpriseCV6

Our task is to deal with the dust, but not to burn down the house in order to remove it.
-Francis Schaffer

Rifleman 8/28/22

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Long Bart

Happy Patriot's day! Does anyone have a recommended reading for today? I am going to talk with my kids about the significance of this day and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with an article or some kind of summary. 

SlingBurn

Posted on Facebook as I do every year, and decided to come back on here after a VERY long break.  Happy Patriots' Day and let freedom ring!
"I have not a man who is afraid to go." - Isaac Davis

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Long Bart on April 19, 2023, 06:14:24 PM
Happy Patriot's day! Does anyone have a recommended reading for today? I am going to talk with my kids about the significance of this day and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with an article or some kind of summary.

Here you go, sir.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/04/the_shot_heard_round_the_world.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k6zq_Y_IzA
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Long Bart

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on April 19, 2023, 06:55:04 PM
Quote from: Long Bart on April 19, 2023, 06:14:24 PM

Here you go, sir.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/04/the_shot_heard_round_the_world.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k6zq_Y_IzA

Thank you, these are great!