News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed at MVSA - Hot Springs - April 15 & 16

Started by bright1, April 17, 2023, 02:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright1

Good day to all!
How do you measure success?  Rifleman scores?  Attendance?  New IIT's?
Well - yes to to those - but also - was there individual improvement made?  Excitement generated & renewed?
I consider this past weekend's Pistol Clinic (Friday the 14th) and the Saturday and Sunday's 25m event to be a success for the program due especially to the latter.  Friday - one new Pistoleerâ„¢ and a couple of re-qualifications.  Saturday & Sunday - Three re-qualifications.
What I found exciting was that every student made steady improvements over the course of the weekend.  It seemed, by the comments I heard, that everyone was excited about the program - what they learned about the making of a marksman and the history of this nation.  "I will be back!" was heard multiple times!
On a personal note - My 15 year old granddaughter came to her first event (and hasn't shot much at all until now).  Her first AQT on Saturday was a 113.  Her best on Sunday was a 197!  Excited? Yes! Yes, she (and me, too!) was - and is!  "I'm gonna tell my classmates about Appleseed!"  "When can I be an IIT?" "This was the most fun I've ever had!"  And not just the shooting part!  She loved the stories that were told.  She loved the camaraderie among the instructors and students.  She met friends and felt accepted (and respected) by all, both the young and the "seniors" present.  And now I have a new shooting buddy (and a reason to get another rifle - hers of course)! 
Thank you Natalee and Jeremy, Kyle, Captain, Paul (aka Lurch), John & Grant for all you did to make this a Great Weekend!