News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Antioch, TN Ladyseed, March 25-26, 2023 - AAR

Started by Google, March 29, 2023, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

What a beautiful weekend for a Ladyseed at Stones River Hunter Education Center in Antioch, TN!  Stones River is a very active public range yet they are always a strong supporter of Appleseed, so we are very appreciative of their hospitality.  O0

The four ladies that arrived on Saturday morning were prepared and ready to go.  Three of them were members of a local A Girl & A Gun chapter and the fourth showed up wearing an Appleseed t-shirt.  I learned later that she had already scored Rifleman with a loaner rifle and was back with her very own rifle to give it another try.

We started the day with the first strike of the match, which led to many questions and lively discussion.  This same engagement with the history continued throughout the weekend.  The entire instructor crew remarked that this was their first experience with a group that was so active in the history and they were thrilled.   :1luvu

The ladies were just as engaged with the marksmanship instruction and they all worked diligently to put it into practice.  Their efforts showed up in their targets and the smiles on their faces. They were especially excited to learn that IMC and trajectory are not a form of black magic, but are well within their grasp as accomplished firearms enthusiasts.  ^:)^

To Carol, Avis, Jessica, and Teirra:  Your enthusiasm and willingness to put in the work made this one of the best weekends I have had in a long time.  Thank you.  :bow:

A special thank you and welcome aboard to Teirra, who accepted an Orange Hat at the conclusion of the weekend.  Huzzah!!

There are several pictures up on the Facebook page:  Project Appleseed - Tennessee

Below are a few additional pictures.

Group pic:

Final Hits Count Target of the weekend - all 3 positions - Liberty, Yo!

BluegrassColonel discussing fine points

Coaching on the line:

That moment when it all comes together (I just missed the fist bump):

TallTimber sharing the story of Sybil Luddington:

Nashville Stage telling Nancy Hart:

The nickname TallTimber is appropriate:

Teirra accepts an Orange Hat  :partytime:

Tennessee Beast

Thanks for stepping up, Teirra!!!   Huzzah!   :F
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Nashville Stage

It was a great weekend of instruction, storytelling, and fun! I enjoyed being with everyone, and look forward to next time. Welcome aboard, Teirra!
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Palousie

I'm sad that I had to leave early! It was great meeting these ladies. To avoid another massive photo dump, I won't post any photos here, but as Google said, they're all on Facebook. Sorry for not getting them up here ASAP!