News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Barnhart, MO March 18-19 2023 AAR

Started by 209Ken, March 20, 2023, 11:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Missouri's kick-off event at Arnold Rifle & Pistol Club was a success!

Saturday was cold and windy with high temp only reaching 30 degrees. But that did not discourage our shooters, they were safe and engaged.  They listened and practiced, and their groups were getting smaller.
Sunday morning was cold, but the wind let up and it warmed up into the 40's. That is all it took, by the end of the day, we had 4 Riflemen! Connor shot a 214, Mike with a 223, and 232 - Chasing that Distinguished patch, Adam shot a 210, and Cary came in with a 222. Nice work everyone! Oh yeah, Flintlock54 re-qualified  with a 218 - that was with no warm up, and no practice shots!

We had several shooters who were very close to a Rifleman score. You will get there - persist!

I think the highlight of the weekend was when Connor stepped up and took an Orange Hat on Sunday afternoon!  :F

Thank you ARPC for everything - from doughnuts to a warm place to eat lunch, we really appreciate it.

I will be posting pictures soon. If you have any comments or pictures, please post them.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Flintlock54

This event was well nigh perfect.  There was energy coming from this fine group of patriots that just radiated.  Shooting was outstanding, history was soaked up with continuous discussion afterward.
What Manner of Men!  And 2 women.

A big Huzzah to ARPC for their generosity. Great facility and great people. Thank you
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

magdump

Thank you to all the instructors for putting on this event. I'm still convinced this could have passed for a winterseed on Saturday as it was the coldest Appleseed I've ever been to. Despite the cold I still had a blast and look forward to many more future appleseed events. Thank you again.

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Suitcase

ARPC always goes above and beyond with their hospitality! A great place for a shoot. The weather was frigid, but between great shooters and a great location, I will gladly take that weather!

sn0dgras_

Thank you! We only made it to the second day but we'll be back!

Ernest "Charles" Snodgrass

Captain

Thanks for posting all the pictures. This looks like it was a fun event.

And Huzzah on the new Orange Hat!!!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range