News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anything happening in Kansas?

Started by Chad, March 05, 2023, 01:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

New to the area. I've checked a few times but it doesn't look like anything is scheduled.

AF5US

I'm not familiar with the Kansas area, maybe we can get any available insight from the regional coordinator.

Where about are you in Kansas? I'm familiar with several of the Oklahoma crew and they do great work, with plans on expansion.  Or if it's not too far of a drive, I tend to help at the monthly range events in Gainesville - technically Texas but we can see Oklahoma on a clear day if we stand on top of an ant hill (Just don't stand too long).  We'd love to have you as our guest.

Do you know of a range local to you that would be capable of hosting events? Maybe we can help get something moving.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Chad

Near Wichita at the moment. Came in from the Ohio crew and helped out where I could. To tell the truth, one of the reasons I was asking for a nearby range that I could jump into and help out while I'm here for the next few years to stay current and keep 7th stepping.

Captain

Hey Chad, the State Coordinator for Kansas is "Lomshek". Please reach out to him. He is in the midst of selling a business and recently got involved in local Politics. I'm sure he could use some help to keep things rolling . . .

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Woodse guy

Quote from: Chad on March 05, 2023, 01:42:58 AM
New to the area. I've checked a few times but it doesn't look like anything is scheduled.
Roger puts on a great shoot. I have been to the Pittsburgh shoot twice. Last year we my first time making the Desoto shoot.

Lomshek

Quote from: Chad on March 07, 2023, 12:05:58 AM
Near Wichita at the moment. Came in from the Ohio crew and helped out where I could. To tell the truth, one of the reasons I was asking for a nearby range that I could jump into and help out while I'm here for the next few years to stay current and keep 7th stepping.

Welcome to Kansas Chad!  I've neglected my AS duties some but am trying to catch up.  We have two 25 meter events on the calendar now and are working on a June KD.
https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/sign-up-shoot-state.php?qstate=KS&statename=Kansas

I'll be glad to have you join us whenever you can.  We have a great group of folks here!

Lomshek

Air Capital Gun Club northeast of Wichita near Whitewater hosts us every October.  It's a .22LR only range but is very pro-Appleseed.  If we can I'd like to do a couple out there every year.

Chieflane

Chad,

I hope all going well on the transfer.  We miss you in Piqua!

Yours in Liberty,

Chief