News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur Range work day April 2

Started by hawkeye, February 12, 2023, 08:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

We are having a work day April 1st  Starting at 08:00. There will be more information to follow as we make a list of to do items for both ranges the club house and camping areas. we will need tools such as chain saws, weed eaters, rakes, carpentry tools and so forth.

Paint buildings starting with the range house
Finish repairs to the decking around the range house
Pick up debris around the range
Replace target line boards that are damaged
repaint target line holders (the uprights) 
Remove dead trees and branches in camping area
repair target lines
replace the lane number holders for long range
clean up the club house
clean up the area under the shelters
repair targets   
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

hawkeye

I'm canceling Range Work Day on Saturday and Moving it to Sunday. The weather is looking bad with rain and wind in the forecast. I'll be at the range at 8:00 am to start. There's a lot of tasks to do, I'll list them below. If you have any tools that might help, feel free to bring them. I hope to see you there, pizza for lunch.

We need to stain the wood structures on the range the same color, I have paint ,rolls , roller extensions and paint scrapers.
We need to clean up the firing line areas of both ranges. There's a lot of trash around that doesn't need to be there.
The camping areas need to be picked up too.
repaint the target post at range 1, the 25 yard line.
replace the missing target holders (10 foot boards) at each yard line
rebuild the lane number holders starting with 200 yards
remove old post and unused metal that is in the grass down range
talk about getting started with rewiring the range maybe starting the 7th and 8th of April
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student