News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Arkansas IBC - Feb 11-12, 2023!

Started by Captain, January 20, 2023, 01:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

First Annual Arkansas Instructor Boot Camp

Two Days Only - Saturday and Sunday, February 11-12, 2023

Who should come . . .
All Appleseed Volunteers - including past/retired Appleseeders who might be interested in getting active again!

Master of Ceremonies (aka Shoot Boss): Ghostring!
Out of Texas, Ghostring is one of the only active Master Instructors west of the Mississippi. I've been able to attend several of Ghostring's Boot Camps and they were outstanding!

We'll be one of the first groups to use the newly completed meeting/classroom at the Jonesboro range.

Purpose: Improve our effectiveness as instructors and Appleseeders. Build up some Appleseed Esprit de Corps!
This event will be two full days of teaching and practicing along with working lunches. Ghostring will be sending out a final schedule by email to everyone signed up.

Food: Stay posted . . . more to come :)
Food makes the IBC?? We'll get together for dinner on Saturday for anyone who would like to come out. We will also put something together for snacks and drinks . . .and maybe some of the other meals at the event.

Please ask your questions in this thread and set it to "Notify" to receive all updates.

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Lurch

Looking forward to the IBC. It is just shy of about 2hrs travel time for me. What are most doing for lodging?
1st Appleseed - 08/28/2022 Rifleman (210), Menifee, AR
1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic - 9/30/2022 Pistoleerâ„¢ (226), Hot Springs, AR
IBC - 02/11/2023 Jonesboro, AR
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic - 4/14/2023 Pistoleerâ„¢ (242), Hot Springs, AR

Sophisticated Redneck

Lurch,

I'm going to get you in touch with Rusty Gun.  He's from Memphis and is looking for a roommate to grab a room.

-Sophisticated Redneck
May 14-15, 2016; Lincoln, NE - 25M
Jan 15-16, 2022; Bald Knob, AR - 25M Winterseed
Mar 5-6, 2022; Memphis, TN - IBC
Apr 30-May 1, 2022; Jonesboro, AR - 25 M Patriot's Day Celebration
May 21-22, 2022; Puryer, TN - 25 M
Jun 11-12, 2022; Jonesboro, AR - 25 M
Sep 30, 2022; Hot Springs, AR - Appleseed Pistol Clinic
Oct 1-2, 2022; Hot Springs, AR - KD

Captain

Food: proposal

Lunch Saturday - mediocre chili-like soup, definitely too spicy for most and too bland for the rest :). With Fixins (cheese, sour cream, onions). We had this at an event last weekend and nobody died :) Of course, everyone there was cold and hungry.

Lunch Sunday - cheap hot dogs boiled in water - buns, ketchup, mustard, relish

Alternative suggestion for lunch Sunday - creamy potato and sausage soup (like zuppa toscana if you've ever had that). Probably need some bread or rolls to go with that. But then that's soup both days . . .

What do you think?

I am working on getting coffee, water and some snacks for the event.

For dinner on Saturday, we could do some kind of cookout (need grill?) or head into town for dinner.

Guns&Hoses

I may have access to a grill trailer for Saturday.  The FD owns one I can get as long as nobody is using it...unless that's too big. What's the attendance looking like?
"Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life and the duty of life."
T Roosevelt

Captain

I don't know the size of your grill, but we'll probably be ~15 for Saturday afternoon, or as many as 20.

Captain

Proposed food. There will be food for everyone. If you have special dietary requirements please plan accordingly. There will be a food donation can for those who are able and would like to throw in a bit - totally at your option.

General - coffee/water/snacks

Lunch Saturday - Chili w/ fixin's

Dinner Saturday - Burgers on the grill

Lunch Sunday - Zuppa Toscana (potato and sausage soup)

That's two lunches with soup. It's not too late to vote overwhelmingly for hot dogs instead! :) But after this weekend, the food is bought.

Buddy Love

I'll bring hot dogs, burgers, and buns for 16 people. Just need a grill otherwise my little grill will take half the day to cook on.