News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Deputy National Coordinator - Captain from Arkansas

Started by Maximum Ordinate, January 04, 2023, 01:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Good morning, friends.

I want to thank Charley (Ashley) from Ohio who has served as Deputy NC for ten months - the longest sentence tenure since we started having a NC/D.

During her time as Deputy, Charley been a fantastic member of the National Staff.  She's an astute, adaptive leader and has been instrumental in moving the program forward during 2022.  Ashley, you have my respect and gratitude for everything you've done.  The Ohio team is fortunate to have you.

With that said, please join me in welcoming Captain (Rob) from Arkansas as the new Deputy National Coordinator!!  He is a very active dSB and is currently serving as the Central Plains Region RC.

Thanks for stepping up!   O0

in Liberty,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

cwcdl79

Snow Snake

Good Morning Rob
Just learned about the new bucket you picked up,"GOOD ON YOU"! No one better.
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

AF5US

Wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations buddy!!!   :F  :F  :F

I'm not sure where you're going to find the time to do that with all of the events that you work, but then again - that sounds like a "you" problem  **)
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

TheMenace

Hey Rob,
Roswell stated it very well. I know you're up to the task.
Congratulations!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Pine Ridge Puma

Hey Rob,

Thank you so much for accepting this important job.  Be assured that everyone associated with Project Appleseed is so grateful for all of your contributions to the success of the program, and we are all in disbelief of the time and distances and weekends devoted and expertise and miles traveled and sacrifice of personal time and on and on!  You're the best!  Please take some time off at least once in awhile!!
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Lead Sled

Congratulations Captain! Can't think of anyone better for the job. You're an asset to the fight for liberty in every corner of the country  :F
"Failure is not an option." - Gene Kranz

bravhrt

Congratulations, Captain, on gaining a larger platform from which to spread the word of liberty! :snipersmi
I tell you true, liberty is the best of all things. Never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. ~ William Wallace

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. ~ Wyatt Earp

Let us drop talking and get on with our work. ~ Michael Collins

Rifleman - 09.13.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
Pistoleer™ - 10.17.2020 @ Pikes Peak GC
IBC - 03.27-28.21 @ Larkspur, CO
Pistol IBC - 05.14-15.21 @ Otto Road Shooting Range
KD Rifleman & Morgan's Shingle - 10.02.22 @ Ben Lomond GC

Steck

Ames

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

ProudPapa14

M14man

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death; If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive…" â€"Harriet Tubman

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

If we cease to assert Our rights we shall dwindle into supineness and the chains of slavery shall be fast rivetted upon us
-Samuel Whittemore

KProctor

Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mrs. Smith

Oh goodie!  A new person to annoy when I need stuff  :cool2:   ~~:) >:D
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

PaleRider

Congratulations, Rob! You da man! Very well deserved, and definitely an asset I'm glad to see moving up!  :F :F :F :bow: :bow: :bow:
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

GenX Minuteman

Wow!!! This is great news! Congratulations Rob! Thank you for answering the call to further support the Appleseed program!

Chad Stovell - GenX Minuteman

Charley

Ramblin' Wreck

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Twineagles

Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Lurch

1st Appleseed - 08/28/2022 Rifleman (210), Menifee, AR
1st Appleseed Pistol Clinic - 9/30/2022 Pistoleer™ (226), Hot Springs, AR
IBC - 02/11/2023 Jonesboro, AR
2nd Appleseed Pistol Clinic - 4/14/2023 Pistoleer™ (242), Hot Springs, AR

sticksnstones

"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Captain

Thanks to all for the kind words! Now I just hope I don't screw it up :)

I will say after only 2 weeks of shadowing our NC, my email inbox is overflowing! Maximum Ordinate seems to have an infinite bandwidth for all things Liberty and Appleseed.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Monkey

Quote from: CaptainI will say after only 2 weeks of shadowing our NC, my email inbox is overflowing! Maximum Ordinate seems to have an infinite bandwidth for all things Liberty and Appleseed.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Guns&Hoses

"Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life and the duty of life."
T Roosevelt