News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19th Known Distance Event - South Huntsville, AL

Started by Maximum Ordinate, December 05, 2022, 10:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Alabama is doing it again!

The Alabama crew is hosting a one-day Known Distance event in Huntsville... on April 19th proper!  Yes, it's a Wednesday.

Sign up for the event here.  https://goappleseednow.org/?event=south-huntsville-al-known-distance-appleseed-april-19-2023

Fine print:
  • Tickets are limited - sign up early
  • Border raiders are welcome
  • If you are a volunteer who wants to shoot - the ticket is no charge, but modest range fees apply.  PM me or Willociraptor if you need help signing up

Best,
MO

P.S.  If you're available to work this event, you're eligible for an April 19th rocker.  (April 19th will not fall on a weekend until 2025!)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Maximum Ordinate

A bump to the top... our annual April 19th KD is still on!

https://goappleseednow.org/?event=south-huntsville-al-known-distance-appleseed-april-19-2023

You must have attended a 25m event prior to signing up for this event.  Ideally, you have also earned your Rifleman patch.  You will be expected to arrive with a 25m or 100y zero on your rifle.  Spend time dry firing in position between now and Patriots' Day!

We WILL have fun!  We WILL celebrate Liberty!  We WILL shoot and move like Rifleman - so pack light!

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

Breaking news: our host at HISR will let us use the grill!

Lunch will be provided at no cost!   ^:)^
-Thomas Jefferson

Tennessee Beast

Free food...now you're speaking my language!  I'll be there!!!!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

HardHolder

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Susan and I will be cooking for all of you.

Make sure you have your come ups ready.

Thomas

Roswell

I can't wait to shoot with you Thomas and make yours and Susan's acquaintance. Thank you for cooking. That is very gracious of you two.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Yankee Dog

Would it be possible for someone to bring some stickers for sale to this event.  The min order off the site is $25 and I really don't need 25 stickers.   

Maximum Ordinate

Due to the complexities of 50 different sets of state sales tax laws, Appleseed does not sell items at events.

However, the Shoot Boss might have an extra sticker in his bag - to celebrate you qualifying KD!   ~~:)
-Thomas Jefferson

JustKim

WOW!  I'm a bit jealous!  Wish Gunjunkie and I could make it!  Y'all have a blast!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan