News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congress of Riflemen , 2023

Started by Oldmikey, November 19, 2022, 07:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmikey

Has there been any discussion of a Congress of Riflemen  shoot at Ramseur in the spring of 2023? I would love to attend another one.
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

Monkey

Hey bud!

Wanna talk with Vaportrace and others first, but I think there's a path forward on this.

More to follow soon.  :)
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

57plymouth

What is a Congress of Riflemen shoot for us newbies?

Oldmikey

The Congress of Riflemen shoot was/is a rifleman's boot camp held at the Appleseed home range at Ramseur
"Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted"George Rogers Clark

" to old to run"

Tennessee Beast

It's a lot of fun!!!   I made the first two (Ramseur 3-19, Ramseur 5-20).  Memories I will never forget.  Where else can you and 3 of your buddies shoot a RFAQT at full distance at the same time?
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

cowtipper

Would love to attend another Congress of Riflemen!
Huzzzaaahhhh!!

AK-84

I would love to one down there again. I loved the one that I attended a few years back and would come again. Hope you get it together.
Ak-84
Just remember this is a GLORIOUS CAUSE we do.

CarrollMS

If possible, then I would like to attend, again.
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

Dchelwig

Winterseed Rifleman 2012
Re-qualify 229, 2/19/23
SBIT 2 10/8/23
Morgan's Rifleman 12/11/23
KD Redcoat, Cleared 3/24/24
KD Distinguished, 49/50
CMP Distinguished Rifleman, Camp Perry - 2022

Chico

I would like to attend the next one also

Has anyone contacted Vaportrace yet ?
Oct 30/31  1st Appleseed - Gibsonburg (232)

March 5/6  1st Winterseed - WolfCreek (225)
March 5  Cleared RedCoat (Sat am & pm)
March 6  Orange Hat ( I requested Blue )
Aug 20/21 1st Pistol Clinic - Wolf Creek (220)
Aug 21  Cleared Pistol RedCoat
Sept 11  10 Event Pin (Canfield)

Oct 9  Red Hat - Marengo (Meadow)

February 4/5 Shoot Boss IBC (M.O.)
April 1/2 Pistol IBC Annapolis, Maryland
April 2 Pistol Instructor (Catch-10-22)

CMP Range Safety Officer - Rimfire
CMP Range Safety Officer - Smallbore
CMP Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
ISSF Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
Certified - SafeSport Trained
Royal Rangers Counselor - Rifle/Archery

We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again . . . Nathaniel Greene

Monkey

Quote from: Chico on December 05, 2022, 10:31:23 AM
I would like to attend the next one also

Has anyone contacted Vaportrace yet ?

Yes.  A lot.  He's tired of me.  ;)
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Chico

Quote from: Monkey on December 05, 2022, 08:34:24 PM
Yes.  A lot.  He's tired of me.  ;)

Don't give up the ship !
Oct 30/31  1st Appleseed - Gibsonburg (232)

March 5/6  1st Winterseed - WolfCreek (225)
March 5  Cleared RedCoat (Sat am & pm)
March 6  Orange Hat ( I requested Blue )
Aug 20/21 1st Pistol Clinic - Wolf Creek (220)
Aug 21  Cleared Pistol RedCoat
Sept 11  10 Event Pin (Canfield)

Oct 9  Red Hat - Marengo (Meadow)

February 4/5 Shoot Boss IBC (M.O.)
April 1/2 Pistol IBC Annapolis, Maryland
April 2 Pistol Instructor (Catch-10-22)

CMP Range Safety Officer - Rimfire
CMP Range Safety Officer - Smallbore
CMP Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
ISSF Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
Certified - SafeSport Trained
Royal Rangers Counselor - Rifle/Archery

We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again . . . Nathaniel Greene

Geek

Any traction on this effort?  I would make the trip if at all possible. I must confess, I had a great time during my last visit to this range.
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy