News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MrPainless hangs up his Green Hat

Started by EZ3, November 16, 2022, 09:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

To the PA Cadre,

Please join me in thanking MrPainless for his many years of service to the cause of Liberty with Project Appleseed.  He will be sorely missed.  Unfortunately, the course of our lives sometimes forces us to re-direct and re-focus. 

Carlo, it was great working with you, and I hope one day you will be able to "pick up the bucket and bail" once again.  Enjoy your "retirement".

Lee   
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

BBQ_Bandit

Carlo "Don't call me Sir" AKA MrPainless was the principle  mentor during my recent Orange hat for the past two years. I came into Appleseed knowing I would have a difficulty getting the History portions under my belt. Was going to be a permanent Orange hat.

MrP encouraged me to step beyond my comfort and fear... and face the challenge with a honed focus and passion.

Am humble to be one of the Red Hats he helped grow within our program.

HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH!

First Appleseed/Cleaned Redcoat 6/13-14/2020
Second Appleseed 7/3-4/2020 (208/250)
Third Appleseed 8/15-16/2020
Blue Hat, Orange Hat, and 222/250

Appleseed Pistol Clinic 
[233/250] Slippery Rock,  PA 5/22-23/2021
[227/250] Annapolis, MD 7/16-17/2022
[233/250] Thurmont, MD 5/20-21/2023

Tennessee Beast

Thank you for your committment over the years!!!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

wickedworx

The first time I met Carlo I was inspired by how passionate he was about our country and the sacrifices that were made to by our forefathers to preserve it. I left that first Appleseed so impressed that I immediately signed up for another one and told everyone that would listen how great the program was. I proceeded to shoot 3 more Appleseeds before I could muster up the courage to ask about taking an orange hat. I still remember Carlo's face when I asked about becoming an instructor. He was so excited! He immediately welcomed me into the cadre and made me feel like family. The Quarryville cadre will definitely miss his positive attitude and almost life-like drawings of turkeys and deer!

While he is retiring from Appleseed his presence will still be required at the Sunday breakfasts!

Thank you for inspiring me to take the next step and everything you have done to make Project Appleseed great!

Texas T

Carlo, although we never had the opportunity to work together on an event, I feel that we have walked down some of the same trails. Thanks, so much, for being a part of the PA team and "holding things together" in the eastern part of the state. I'm certain that you will be missed.

Texas T
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017