News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur Range Workday - November 19 2022

Started by Monkey, November 04, 2022, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

Friends,

We'll be holding a workday on Saturday, November 19th.  Focus areas will be:

- Painting:  Addressing the paint on the cabins and clubhouse
- Carpentry: Addressing the deteriorating condition of the clubhouse deck, particularly the area between the clubhouse and the 25M range (by the steps)
- Landscape:  High grass knockdown near berms, leaves covering the camping areas, etc
- General Cleanup

I'll bring food for lunch.  Expect to start around 8:00am and done around 12:00pm or so, depending on where we are.  They'll be opportunity to shoot afterwards, if desired.

Hope to see you there!
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

OldDominionIron

Boss is encouraging us to take a "2'fer" next week to get some semblance of life/work balance back during our 12-hour shifts...I have Friday off, so may drive down that evening to help out Saturday (and possibly do some shooting after the working party is over).

Anybody else headed down early? Camping out? Hotel nearby?
"(Were) they nourished by your indulgence? They grew by your neglect of them. As soon as you began to care about them, that care was exercised in sending persons to rule over them, in one department and another…Sent to spy out their liberty, to misrepresent their actions and to prey upon them; men whose behaviour on many occasions has caused the blood of these sons of liberty to recoil within them."
      -Isaac Barre

Monkey

ODI,

There is lodging nearby in either Siler City (less recommended) or Asheboro (more recommended).

Not sure if access to the range would be available the day before.

Would love to see you there!

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

OldDominionIron

Got my reservation for Ashboro made, see you Saturday.
"(Were) they nourished by your indulgence? They grew by your neglect of them. As soon as you began to care about them, that care was exercised in sending persons to rule over them, in one department and another…Sent to spy out their liberty, to misrepresent their actions and to prey upon them; men whose behaviour on many occasions has caused the blood of these sons of liberty to recoil within them."
      -Isaac Barre

Herme

I plan on being there.  8am is awful early I will do my best

Monkey

Quote from: Herme on November 16, 2022, 10:11:38 PM
I plan on being there.  8am is awful early I will do my best

We'll take ya when we can get ya!  Thanks!

― Hyman G. Rickover

Vaportrace

I'll see ya'll there bright & early Saturday Morning!
Don't forget to bring basic hand tools....
JDB

Fred

Anyone is welcome to stay in one of the huts at the range, but you will need to bring a sleeping bag, etc.

To get access to the range on Friday, send me an email at freds@embarqmail.com.

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Dchelwig

I plan to be there. It will be nice to meet everyone.
Winterseed Rifleman 2012
Re-qualify 229, 2/19/23
SBIT 2 10/8/23
Morgan's Rifleman 12/11/23
KD Redcoat, Cleared 3/24/24
KD Distinguished, 49/50
CMP Distinguished Rifleman, Camp Perry - 2022

Dchelwig

Thanks for asking. It was fun and we accomplished quite a bit.
Winterseed Rifleman 2012
Re-qualify 229, 2/19/23
SBIT 2 10/8/23
KD Distinguished, 49/50

Dchelwig

Thanks for asking. It was fun and we accomplished quite a bit.
Winterseed Rifleman 2012
Re-qualify 229, 2/19/23
SBIT 2 10/8/23
KD Distinguished, 49/50

Monkey

I'm so glad y'all were able to get some stuff done.

Still feel like a bag of smashed bananas. My ‘Rona test came back (-) so that's good.Bad news is that just about everybody we were gonna have over on Thursday ended up (+).

Thanks again for helping.  Means a lot.

― Hyman G. Rickover

Vaportrace

Just take care of your family & yourself first and foremost. I'll give you a complete up tomorrow.
JDB