News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

the Prodigal Range returns! Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club

Started by Mrs. Smith, October 19, 2022, 12:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Texas, I'm happy to report that we have renewed our relationship with the Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club! The first event on the schedule for this range is December 3-4, 2022, on their INDOOR range!  Instructors, get signed up!

We will also have use of their outdoor range, which will accommodate up to 35 students, and is 100y deep.  All events on these ranges will be .22lr only. Additionally, the indoor range backstop requires that ammunition be lead or washed ONLY. No jacketed ammo!

Shoot Bosses can find all the logistics details on the Range Data Board, updated today.

For everyone else...

Cadre are welcome to camp out in the classroom for both indoor and outdoor shoots.  Waiting on data regarding electric and water hookups for campers from the club secretary. She believes there are two.

Student cap for the indoor range is 12.

What are your questions??

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

AF5US

Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Steck

Well done!  And it's already on the schedule and already has some students, neat!

JustKim

THat is AWESOME!

We shoot at this range every year and it is a very nice range.

Gunjunkie and I did our second Appleseed event there and we know several members there -- in fact, we were there this past weekend.

We have talked to them a couple of times, so am impressed that you were able to get them back on the schedule -- I would really like to see this turn into a positive relationship and maybe we could hold an event at least once per year when we are there.  I'm proud to say this is my hometown!!!!

JustkIm
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Mrs. Smith

Sometimes it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, I guess. I think it'll be great  :)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

mrakestraw

Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing it whenever I get over there sometime.
07/21: Rifleman
12/21: KD Rifleman, Distinguished, Morgan's Shingle
01/22: Pistoleerâ„¢

Turbo Pin, Complete Combatant Black Belt Patches, 3.45 card, MSP 3/4 patch, Tier 1 Three Sevens patch

Come get more instruction with me!
My next class is: Sage Dynamics in March in Muenster, TX

Will

As the current Vice President and incoming President of Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club (positions I have held alternatively for over 25 years)  I can only say that the program is ALWAYS welcome on our range and we are glad to hold the event. Whatever we can do to further the mission of Appleseed, we will do.

Steck

Will, thank you!  The instructors' love of our history and heritage really shines through.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Will on March 17, 2023, 01:49:12 PM
As the current Vice President and incoming President of Amarillo Rifle and Pistol Club (positions I have held alternatively for over 25 years)  I can only say that the program is ALWAYS welcome on our range and we are glad to hold the event. Whatever we can do to further the mission of Appleseed, we will do.

Thanks so much, Will!  Will you be joining us on the firing line next month?

Will

Haven't missed one yet! Have a new rifle to try too!