News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO September 17-18, 2022 AAR

Started by 209Ken, September 19, 2022, 10:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

It was a fine weekend for Appleseed!

The weather on Saturday was just right - warm, sunny, light breeze. This event had been sold out for months, then we had a few last minute cancellations, so we had 14 shooters on Saturday morning ready to go.
The day went well, our shooters were engaged during instruction, they listened intently as M-Dawg gave all 3 strikes, and when we finished the day with a couple of AQT's, we had two Riflemen!
Mike H. with a 213, and Earl with a 231!!

Sunday started with an unexpected rain shower. But it stopped by 9:00 AM and by 10:00, we could barley tell it had even rained.  Redcoats, review and AQT's and no new Riflemen. However, Mike and Earl continued to crank out those Rifleman scores. There was much improvement, groups continued to shrink, and I think everyone enjoyed their weekend.

I want to thank the shooters. You guys were safe, engaged, and fun to be around. We couldn't ask for a better group!

Thank you fellow instructors M-Dawg, Flintlock54, Antique22, Thebrowncoat. You guys are the Core of Missouri Appleseed!

And finally, I want to thank Bench Rest Rifle Club for continuing to be a great host range for Appleseed. The range is always in great shape and you always take care of us. Looking forward to next year!

I will post pictures in the next couple of days. If anyone has any comments or pictures to post, please do!
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Flintlock54

Great group very safe and very engaged. I second your thanks to Benchrest Rifle Club for all they do for us! 
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln