News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone going to Pensacola for April 19th?

Started by boltgun71, March 26, 2009, 07:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boltgun71

Hello yall.  I'm looking for volunteers to come and work or shoot at Pensacola on April 19th.  I'm the slotted Shoot Boss and was hoping to have an experienced hand with boots on the ground knowledge of the range there to help me out.  If your not planning to instruct but coming to shoot thats fine also.  We have only a few pre-registered for this shoot so far and I'm hoping the numbers increase.  If your coming and haven't pre-registered yet please do it as soon as you can for admin purposes.  Well I look forward to hearing from potential instructors and shooters who plan on attending this great shoot.  Reply to this thread if your coming please and I look forward to seeing you all on the range!

RickB

BoltGun71,
Love to help you out but all of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi are closer to Pensacola than I am.  All Red and Orange hats in FL live 480 miles or more from P'cola.  In fact, Beaumont TX and Nashville TN are closer than we are!  Florida is over 900 miles from one end to the other (and P'cola is at one end).
RickB

Nickle

Rick, he could use the help, and your travel/lodging expenses will get reimbursed.

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

TnTimberwright

Boltgun71,

I was scheduled for Myakka City for the 18th-19th but they seem to now be in good shape. I hail from TN but travel to FL events and I WILL BE AVAILABLE to give you a hand at Pensacola. I'm an IIT (3)l, been through 2 IBC's now and have 4 AS's under my belt (Hernando under DW and PHenry, Myakka under PHenry, Toccoa, GA under SonOf Martha, and last weekend back at Myakka City under Colycat/SB.

I live in Bristol, VA/TN and am retired so I've been going where ever the Project needs me. Nickle has been advised of my availability for this shoot and I've had PM correspondence with PHenry and RickB also on this one. So, at least you have one IIT who is willing to happily join you for this historic event.

Check with Nickle to verify he is moving me to Pensacola to help you.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting and working with you. O0

Bill/TnTimberwright
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

boltgun71

Awesome!  Thanks for stepping up Bill.  I have worked with you at Toccoa, we ran the AQT grind line there together.  I'm looking forward to working with you again.  We have the needed instructors, now we just need more shooters!  If you plan on attending to shoot please speak up.  I'm looking forward to being apart of this historic event and working with everyone!  Last year I was a shooter on 4/19, this year I'm a Shoot Boss. 

calfret

I am planning on attending.  I have been holding out due to confirmation issues with my range mates.  I have myself and my girlfriend sloted as confirmed and I have a buddy getting back in the states tomorrow nite.  Current issue with him however is lack of a rifle :~.  He has a Mosin, but we all know 54R at AS= :'(.

Do you or anyone else attending have a spare .22 that is able to be lent to my friend?
"No school or course I have attended (military or civilian) teaches the basics and pushes you to master them as well as Appleseed."
-Boltgun71