News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP 1911 sales

Started by Thaddeus, September 14, 2022, 09:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaddeus

I just saw this:

The CMP just put out the following announcement: 

The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) has announced it will begin accepting orders to purchase CMP 1911 Type Pistols through September 30, 2022. In 2018, the National Defense Authorization Act granted the first transfer of 1911s to the CMP for sale and distribution. Arguably one of the most iconic handguns ever produced, the M1911 served as the standard issue handgun for the U.S. Armed Forces from 1911 to 1985. The single-action, semi-automatic pistol uses .45 ACP rounds and is comprised of a comfortable, basic design. View the details, guidelines for purchasing, order forms and pricing on the CMP website at https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/. All 1911 requests must be made through the mail - no 1911s will be available in CMP stores, and no in-store or drop-off orders will be accepted.

Lcapria

The deadline was extended due to hurricane Ian. I'm not sure what the closing date is now as it's not really stated on the website.

57plymouth

Membership in the RWVA qualifies us for this purchase, correct?

Tennessee Beast

yes, membership in a CMP affiliated club is one of the requirements. RWVA is such an organization.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Lead Sled

My understanding is (based on mostly hearsay), they extended accepting applications with no specified end date because they have more 1911's than applications. It would appear based on the CMP 1911 forum that call numbers are just being assigned based on order of application packet received, because there are significantly less than the last two rounds, so I say send those packets in!
"Failure is not an option." - Gene Kranz

KProctor

Mine was received on the third Oct October I haven't received a number or a call yet. But fingers crossed
Rifleman   06/20
Rifle KD     12/20
Pistoleer™    07/21
Rimfire KD 01/22
Morgans Shingle 05/22

Off_paper

My app was rx'd on September 4th, number assigned on October 5th, and I got the call on October 14th. Shipment confirmation came on 10/17, and my FFL rx'd it on the 19th. Now I'm just sitting in Maryland's 7 day waiting period before I can go pick it up.

I waffled between service and range grade, but eventually went with range since I fully intend to shoot it. Can't wait to see what I got.
Rifleman: 5/9/21 Marriottsville MD, Requal 3/6/22, 4/24/22 (245 Distinguished Optics)

Pistoleer™: 11/21/21 Annapolis MD, Requal Charlottesville VA 1/15/22

KD: 12/9/23 Ramseur 47/50

Catch-10-22

Wow, that is so much faster than they used to process! Congrats, can't wait to see it at a future pistol event and see it take on the Red Coat!