News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

You Are Invited to the SC AQT Grind.

Started by DEH, August 17, 2022, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEH

The Instructors of SC are getting together for an AQT grind and we have some slots remaining for past attendees and of course out of state Instructors
It will be 27AUG@0800 at Newberry Rifle and Pistol Club. We have to be out of there by 1300. 774 Nancy Rd. Newberry, SC. 29108

The plan is 2-3 sighter squares then beginning an AQT grind.  (You can continue sighting in on the first AQT or so if you need to)

This is NOT an official Appleseed event, but Appleseed rules will be followed along with host range rules. Individuals will be guests of Newberry Rifle and Pistol Club and waivers for them will be required and there will be a 10$ range fee.

This is open only to past attendees of an Appleseed as the pace will be demanding.  It also assumes that your rifle is already zeroed or you can zero a rifle in 2-3 sighter squares.  This is open only to past attendees of an Appleseed.

If you are coming, please PM me directly.  We have 7 slots remaining.

For more details, please PM me and I will get all the details to you.

Did I mention that it is only open to past attendees of an Appleseed?

ADDENDUM:

As questions are asked I will reply here.  Don't forget to read, reread, and read again the OP. After that if you have any questions, chances are someone else does to and I will post here.

-Bring your range fee in cash that AM.

-Please arrive at 0745 for setup and signing of waivers.

- ADDRESS.  774 Nancy Rd. Newberry, SC. 29108

- Bring as much ammo for as many AQT's you want to shoot.  15-20 for sighters.  40 rounds per AQT.

-- EYE AND EAR protection mandatory!

-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

DEH

I have had 3 PMs from various people within the organization.  "This is NOT an official Appleseed event, but Appleseed rules will be followed along with host range rules. Individuals will be guests of Newberry Rifle and Pistol Club and waivers for them will be required"

The unstated is that this event is NOT covered by Appleseed liability insurance etc and so on.  As far as I know this has been the rule since before I joined the program in 2008. Also why waivers will be signed. Everyone that shows up will be liable for themselves.  Caveat Emptor, etc and so on.

That being said thanks for the information. I don't know everything.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

DEH

We are down to 5 slots available.

Current list of attendees that will be modified here as more updates come in.
Taz (will defer shooting to allow additional slot if needed)
DEH (I am not, I plan to shoot)
TODD
ALX
Fighterfixer1
57plymouth

JustKim

ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Eagle Keeper

I have come here to chew gum and teach riflemen the art of shooting one hole groups and I'm all out of bubblegum.
   Z-man
You can't shoot perfect if you don't know what perfect looks like.
     Somebody

57plymouth

I'm so torn if I should shoot the 10/22 or the AR15 on this one! 

I'll probably have both with me, but which to choose, which to choose.

Talk about a first world problem!!! :F

FighterFixer1

Confirming--I'll be there tomorrow.  Eyes, ears, a couple of rifles, plenty of ammo, tarp, mat, elbow pads, sling, staple gun, magazines, AQT targets, tools/cleaning kit already packed up. 

See y'all tomorrow!

57plymouth

Are you shooting rimfire or centerfire tomorrow?

DEH

57plymouth

Thanks.  I was trying to see what FighterFixer was bringing.  I should have been more clear.

FighterFixer1

Probably sticking with rimfire due to a torn rotator cuff.....but bringing an AR too.  I'd like to shoot at least one AQT if my shoulder allows it.

FighterFixer1

Got home about 2 hrs ago--had a great time!  Many thanks to D, Taz and Todd for the invitation!

*Got a couple of qualifying Rifleman scores, 217, 219 and 221 (managed to qualify with both the 10/22 and the AR15!)...... Distinguished is still a long way away. :-\

My standing offhand is very much my weakest position, and I'll be working on this in preparation for Oct.

57plymouth

The struggles were real for me! ;D  I'll revisit putting a scope on that AR.  As usual, Duane makes sense to take it one step at a time.

I also had no idea how bad the scope on my 10/22 is until I shot Fighter's rifle.  I have never been able to see the 3rd and 4th rows of the AQT clearly and the 4th row has always been just a smudge.  With a decent scope it's a completely different image. It's like I'm holding the target in my hand. Since I'm new to scoped rifles I did not know that my scope was junk. That AQT I shot with your rifle I got the 4th row clear, and while I bobbled the mag change and only got 2 shots out on the 3rd row, I still scored 203. 

My scores were 208 (ran out of time and only got 9 on the 2nd row), 231, 226, and 203 with Figther's rifle where I was 8 shots down. 

Appleseed is becoming like Arf.com; This place is costing me money.  I'll be buying at least one if not two scopes before October.  But one thing is clear:  I WILL have a Distinguished rocker.  It may not be October, but I WILL EARN that patch. 

Thanks to Duane, Steve, and Todd for a great morning of fun!