News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I have a range--------DAR interested

Started by featherblue, March 24, 2009, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

featherblue

WOW! Susie and I are getting real excited about this deal!!! TOP notch people want to come HERE!!  :)  :) The best thing I ever did was renew my subscription to SGN years ago (just to read Fred's "information").  O0

Camping is no problem. There are no hookups, no power (bring generators). We do have a phone land line and cell phones usually work.  @@)

There are plenty of motels within a maximum of twelve miles and two within 9 miles of here. Bring flea powder if you choose the REAL cheap place!  **)

Open camp fires will be a no-no by then. It's been thunder showering almost every day for a week so there will be lots of dry grass by shoot time. Nice and green right now. Lots of quail, deer, bear, coyotes, etc around. I suppose they will leave the area after the shooting starts!  ;D

Unlike Fallon (Old Middlegate Station) there are trees here to sit under and big rocks to sit on too.

-fb

�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

featherblue

IT'S ON THE OFFICIAL SCHEDULE!!!! Just checked! Thank you Rifle Woman!  O0

Gardnerville, Nevada, AUGUST 29-30  "Lets Roll"!! Now I can get my act going and people will be able to visit the Appleseed Site and get ALL the info about this great program, AND see the official date scheduled!!  ;) ;)

I will be contacting Bill Manders (Reno radio talk show host) and try to get him to attend.

OK smle, I will try real hard to "Make it good". Thanks for the support so far to everyone!!!  O0

I want to thank Laylopro and MrBill for taking the time to visit the site and getting the interest I see happening.  :)

-fb

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

featherblue

UP DATE-

Chris_Hodges just called and will be coming by Sunday afternoon to help design just where we will put the line, etc.   ;)

I can't believe how helpful everyone is!! O0 O0

Edit: Chris said he may have five shooters interested too!!!

-fb

LayloPro

Get 'er going!!!

Feather, you -know- I don't want to drive -that- far for some "piddly little event"....... ++) :~ @&)

Unless I want to end up sleeping in my rental car's back seat, we need to see at least 30 shooters there for real on your line.......Should be able to at least make 5 or 6 Rifleman out of that bunch of Nevadans, 1st crack outa the box....... &) :~ <:)

50 would be even nicer....... ;D

As long as that line could be, even 50 will seem kind of "lonesome"........I'll have to find out from V & Bob210 how they handled the 100+ folks over in Sac....... :o

And bring the kids, too......they listen pretty good out there....... O0

Laylopro

ps........I can't believe how helpful everyone is!!
In the spirit of "300", I can only answer......"THIS is Appleseed!!"
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

smle

fb,

I know you'll do good. Just glad to be of service. O0 <:)

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

LayloPro

OK, so as we progress further towards our shoot here.....

We have a couple of IIT's from both NoNeva, & SoCal that want to come up......as well as already having 7 pre-regged shooters.....coming in this early, that is a very good sign...... O0

Feather, you & Chris should be rocking the wood work to get some folks out to your place....as nice as the Washoe Range is, your place will help the shooters from CC south have a really nice place to go.......the quality of folks that show up for AS's never ceases to amaze me......and as Fred noted, will form the cadre of Instructors that you will be able to call on for "mini-Seeds"........

Keep reading your book, that one is a good one.....there are a couple more that will help add to the tale as well.....

Guys, you are doing an awesome job up there!! Keep it up!!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.