News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Young Marines - Lapeer MI - June 2022

Started by T. WOLF, July 24, 2022, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. WOLF

A heartfelt thank you to the Young Marines of Lapeer, MI for partnering with Project Appleseed on another successful youth event. 

It is hard to overstate the importance of America's next generation. They are inheriting our mess, and we are asking them to sort through that mess to uncover and preserve the Liberty which my generation neglected, forfeited and buried.  The Young Marines troops from Lapeer and Oakland counties give me great hope for our country's future. 

Please pause for a moment to consider the fact that our joint mission to teach the next generation of Americans how to handle a rifle safely and effectively is outlawed in some states in our union.  We are fortunate to live in Michigan where we can nurture these essential traditions.  Thank you to Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club for their ongoing support of Project Appleseed and the Young Marines.  Thank you to our industry partners such as Vista Outdoors for sourcing the ammunition to support youth shooting sports in America.

Link to Photos

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

MI-copperhead

I was glad I had the opportunity to work this event.  I was impressed by the "never say quit" attitude of these young men and women and their celebration of even the smallest advancements in their marksmanship. Their enthusiasm is infectious.
It was great to work with T wolf, Bogie and Grindstone and I'm always impressed by the facilities at the Lapeer county sportsman club.
Thanks to Round baller for his excellent demonstration of the accoutrements and the firearms of the Revolutionary war soldier and allowing some of our participants to fire his musket.
All in all a great weekend of instruction in history and marksmanship. 
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy