News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Wright City, MO July 16-17, 2022

Started by 209Ken, July 18, 2022, 10:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

We had yet another great shoot at Bench Rest Rifle Club in Wright City, Missouri! Eighteen shooters showed up ready to learn despite what the weatherman predicted.
On Saturday we battled intense heat and sun with temperatures in the triple digits, then had a quick change of pace on Sunday with lots of rain and clouds. The weather was reluctant to cooperate, but that did not interfere with the shooters' persistent and determined attitudes.
Wright City has its established instructors, but this weekend we were happy to welcome Ripp, participating in his first shoot as an orange hat, and Captain, who brought his wisdom and fresh perspectives to both the shooters and fellow instructors.
On Saturday, we had two riflemen, Corey (221) and Tanner (224). Sunday's AQT grind produced three more, Hunter (221), Mark (220), and Todd (234 with iron sights, distinguished!).
This was a great event, the shooters were engaged and determined. They were focused on  learning shooting skills, but most importantly, history that matters.

I will post pictures soon. If anyone has any comments or pictures, please post!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Captain

Another fantastic event at Bench Rest Rifle Club, it's like a country club for shooting! And glad to be there when they set a new high temperature record of 103! I almost took my jacket off :)

Seriously, the Wright City crew was awesome and it was so fun to see so many shooters make so much progress! Congratulations to all the new Riflemen, especially impressive in the conditions. Even the very last AQT yielded a new Rifleman's score for a shooter who's been in the hunt for his patch for a while now - nice job Mark! Of course our 12 year old shooter decided it would be a good time to clear the final Red Coat just before we wrapped up the weekend's festivities. It was a pleasure spending the weekend with fellow Appleseeders!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Flintlock54

I guess we were all summer soldiers and sunshine patriots on Saturday. The enthusiasm of this group made our jobs as instructors easy. Young Axel, stuck it out till noon and he's 6 years old. The smile on his face was priceless.  Congratulations and a hearty thank you to Rip, our newest orange hat!

Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

Ripp

Great event with so many enthusiastic shooters who really took the lessons - both history and practical instruction - to heart.  Everyone had a great attitude and made some real strides that were evident down range.  A great group of patriots and an awesome weekend!

209Ken

Suitcase "earning her money."

Using the last bit of shade

Axel earns his youth patch!

Captain telling the third strike

Corey with a 221!

Tanner with a 224!

Todd with a 213

Todd increases his score to a 234 to earn his Distinguished patch!

Hunter re qualifies with a 221!

Mark scores a 220, no more Mr. 209!

Another outstanding youth shooter, Braydon!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln