News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Aurora Sportsman's Club?? ISRA Bonfield Range??? A 200 cap Firing Line??

Started by Garand69, March 23, 2009, 07:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Yes you read that correct!!!!!!

After some excellent Appleseeding by EEL and Pappy, we now have both the Aurora Sportsman's Club and the Illinois State Rifle Assoc. on our side!!!

EEL has been working on ASC for a while now and when the opportunity to attend a board meeting presented itself, he jumped on the chance to present the idea of having a few Appleseeds at the new facility in Waterman currently under construction, the answer was a yes! While it is down the road a bit, the facilities will be excellent for Appleseed and hopefully add a few members to ASC to boot!

And then at the last Kane Co Gun Show, Pappy, Dana, and EEL kept some constant pressure on the freindly ISRA Recruiters across the aisle. By the time Pappy was done "inspiring" we had made a solid contact with a great fellow named Jim Trimby. He made it possible for me to attend a Facilities Committee Meeting this past Saturday. And what a great meeting that was!!! 2 hours later we not only have several dates open to Appleseeds, we have made a very important connection, that will be a huge asset for years to come. As Richard Pearson, Executive Director of the ISRA, said; we all have to work together!

I have no doubt that the relationship will add numbers to both great organizations!

Mr. Pearson also offered to help us get to another possible Appleseed Range........but I'm going to leave you all hanging on this one. It is just to big, and when combined with the above news, may give you folks sensory overload.....oh, maybe one teeny weeny little teaser....do you think a range with say maybe 10 range bays, with maybe, hmmmm say 20 shooters per bay.........may be ok for an Illinois Appleseed??????? O0

Ok folks, I'll have more to come soon, right now I need to build a mouse trap race car for yoot #1.

Thanks Team Illinois for the great work!!!!! O0

Thanks ASC & ISRA for allowing the Appleseed Trail to come to your doors!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Wheeler44

Well done Garand69......If we get this kind of inspirational info outta Illinois on a regular basis....We might just get the idea that this great nation can be saved..

God for you and your team,

Wheeler44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Pappy

OUTSTANDING Grand !!!!! The Program is on Fire here in the Land of Lincoln  O0  <:) (inspiring) was that what it is called, well put.  &) @) @) Let Us all know what and when ASAP. Will you be staffing the Princeton show?? Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Lonely Raven

Woah, how did I miss this!

My fiance and I are considering becoming members of Aurora SC....assuming we can afford it!

I'd love to attend an Appleseed event there!

EEL

I will be out at ASC on 9/19 for a work day and again the following weekend.  I'll use that time to try and nail down the details for shoots in 2010.  Initially, we want April 19 and Sept 11.  Then, just so you Illinois Instructors know, if we can get 1 a month out there, we're gonna.  Yeah, that means get ready for a busy year.   &)   &)

We may be able to do like Racine.  Shoot on the 25 yard line on Saturday and then move our Riflemen to the 600 line on Sunday.  The lines are reported to be capable of holding up to 90 shooters !!  :o   :o

Once they get the OK for camping on site, I'll work on getting a RBC there too!!!!

I'll advise.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Fred

Bill, if you can, try to get one earlier, just to 'break the ice' and maybe sign this new club on to the Appleseed bandwagon...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

EEL

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

TreadCarefully

Get someone from ASC to come to Ottawa this weekend and check us out.
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Deacon

Thats just a couple hours south of me!
Count me in........I can't wait until a schedule get set for this new range!

-Deacon

Patriot Gal

YEEEE  HAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS ON ACQUIRING COMMITTED SITES FOR AS!!!  O0 Bonfield is near my growing up place (Kankakee) so hopefully, I'll be able to locate and get some future Riflemen to attend future weekends there.    :~

Thanks for all you do!!! 
Carol    :)
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Garand69

Patriot Gal,

October 3-4 is the next Appleseed at Bonfield, hope to see you and Castle Mountain there.

The ASC Board, thanks to EEL, has already approved us, so it just a matter of finding out how many and when.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz