News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee, OR May 7th and 8th, 2022

Started by Flipper, May 06, 2022, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

Upcoming Appleseed this weekend. Looks like the weather is going to be a crap shoot. Looking forward to tomorrow!

See you on the line,
Flipper

mikek

Thanks for yet another successful AS. I was given my orange hat, along with flexifoil21. So, this was my first time on the other side of the line.

Thanks for all of the work/help/instruction from flipper, janer, and redhead. It takes a ton of effort to make these go so smoothly. Amazed how some zip ties or "extra" GI slings (and other little goodies) made for a fun and successful event.

Snow Snake

Welcome Mike
Now the work     :beer:     fun  begins
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

mikek

Here are some pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/131ltLRE06OYw0Vj5n5rOYCrgYn0nNA3U

Rex got his Rifleman patch! (second AS) He was using a bolt action and iron sights. Impressive.

Cooper and Gabriel were great youths on the line.

Flipper

Well, we didn't escape the rain, but we had 6 brave shooters brave the rain and come out both Saturday and Sunday. We escaped Saturday with only a few showers, but Sunday we weren't so lucky. It rained all day longs. A very wet soaking rain no less. However, despite being quite wet and a bit cold everyone had a wonderful attitude and continued throughout the day. I also heard several people say we need to make a special patch for Waterseeds! I'm going to have to look into that.
We ended up with one new Rifleman. Congratulations to Rex for scoring Rifleman multiple times and doing so with peep sights and a bolt action rifle  O0
Also a big shoutout to our two youth shooters Gabriel and Cooper. You both did a wonderful job of staying safe all weekend long and improving your marksmanship skills.

One more big thank you to our two new IITs who stepped up to work their first events as an instructor. MikeK and flexfoil21 did a wonderful job on the line working with the shooters and asking lots of questions. Thank you for stepping up to help as we really need more instructors for the Portland/Vancouver area.

See you on the line,
Flipper