News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID 23-24 April Patriots Day Appleseed, AAR

Started by P7, April 26, 2022, 08:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P7

We had a very successful and rewarding Patriots Day Appleseed event this year at the Fernan Rod & Gun Club in Coeur d'Alene.  Although the weather forecast early in the week suggested a chance of rain, we had two beautiful sunny days with temperatures that started in the mid-30's in the very early mornings but rose to the high 50's and into the 60's in the afternoon.  A little wind on Sunday afternoon was only a minor nuisance. 

With 21 shooters on Saturday and 17 returning on Sunday, it was a well-attended event.  We had seven or eight instructors present each day, for a very good instructor/student ratio.  Many hands make light work, and better coaching for the shooters!

The shooters were attentive and focused, and we observed a great deal of improvement throughout the weekend. We had three newly-qualified Riflemen earn the full-color version as their first Rifleman patch, and one experienced Appleseeder re-qualify and earn the Patriots Day patch as well.  Three Young Patriots persisted through the entire event and were awarded the new William Diamond patch.  Everyone participated in the Memorial Volley, and went home with a Patriots Day Patch as well as a copy of the "Bloody Butchery" poster, which we hope will find a place of honor in their homes.

The instructors worked well together, and as usual we learned from each other as well as from our participants.  Wagon earned promotion to IIT-2, and continues on the path to full instructor.  Beardo was very diligent about taking photos, and a selection of them are posted below.  I encourage anyone else who took photos to post them as well.  Finally, tomabbkat accepted the challenge and stepped up to volunteer as an instructor, and took his Orange Hat on Sunday afternoon.  We all look forward to working with him as he progresses to Red hat.

The instructors made a number of observations and notes, and we encourage the participants to add your observations as well.  We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of future events!
Bradley "Brad" Foster (P7)

313-549-4956
bradley.foster@appleseedinfo.org

"The great object is that every man be armed."  - Patrick Henry

P7

Many thanks to Beardo for taking so many photos. But I just learned that iPhones starting with the iPhone 11 save photos in a different format - HEIC.  This format is incompatible with the Appleseed forum as well as many other apps.  Here is an article on how to convert photos to JPG, a more widely-compatible format:

https://backlightblog.com/iphone-heic-to-jpg

I'll be working on converting some of the photos so that they can be posted here.

313-549-4956

P7

Fernan Rod & Gun Club, Bay 7

313-549-4956

P7

Starting off with some history.

313-549-4956

P7

Mr. Clean and Wagon instructing.

313-549-4956

P7

313-549-4956

P7

313-549-4956

P7

Snow Snake instructs the six steps of firing the shot.

313-549-4956

P7

Our first new Rifleman of the weekend!

313-549-4956

P7

tomabbkat is our first re-qualification!

313-549-4956

P7

P7 and eert review the standing position

313-549-4956

P7

eert & andpower review the sitting position.

313-549-4956

P7

313-549-4956

P7

P7 & Mr. Clean prepare to review prone

313-549-4956

P7

P7 introducing "Bloody Butchery"

313-549-4956

P7

313-549-4956

P7

Snow Snake presents the Rifleman patch to his son.

313-549-4956

P7

tomabbkat taking his Orange Hat as an Instructor in Training

313-549-4956

P7

313-549-4956

P7

The instructors: P7, Mr. Clean, Snow Snake, Wagon, andpower, eert, & Beardo.  2x4 was watching the line - we need to get her in the photo next time!

313-549-4956

P7

One of the two Memorial Volley targets.  The other one went home with a Young Patriot.

313-549-4956

Snow Snake

It was indeed a  fine patriotic weekend.P7 led the Memorial Volley (quite inspiring).   :'
The students were enthusiastic and attentive.It showed too.Patches and increasing scores everywhere.Three shoot bosses smoothly leading and ITT's with teachable attitudes makes for an awesome experience.I had the joy of presenting my son with his Rifleman patch.HUZZAH,HUZZAH,HUZZAH.
Thanks to Fernan Gun Club for their support for all these many years.
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

eert

Greetings shooters,

We picked up 2 lawn chairs left Sunday pm.  Please let me know if I can get them to back to you.

It was great meeting and working with all of you. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to message me.   Hope to see you all on the line again.

Eert/Pat

eert

P7 coordinated and presented the best Memorial Volley I have seen.  Glad I could be a part of it.

As evidenced by the targets below, I would not have wanted to be a Redcoat on the Concord Bridge facing this crew.  HUZZAH!

P7

Thanks for the reminder on the chairs, Pat - I meant to post this photo as well.

These are now in the Fernan Rod & Gun Club lost and found.  Please contact me or Pat if you are not a club member and would like assistance retrieving them.

313-549-4956

Earl

... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

eert

Earl,

Indeed it does. The Shoot could only have been better if Fernan was graced by your presence. I'll never be the Instructor you or Hawkhavn are, but I keep trying!  Thank you for your efforts in making me a better shooter and Instructor. You SIR are a true hero.

Regards,
Eert/Pat

Earl

I like thinking I would be ready, but I have minor surgery scheduled tomorrow. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Mulk777

Shoot, I forgot to grab those...  I will be back in 2 weeks for the Pistol shoot and can grab them then. 

Thanks for the great shoot, and all the teaching.  My son and I learned a lot, and will be practicing between now and the next Appleseed we can attend.

God Bless,
Nathan

Quote from: P7 on April 27, 2022, 11:20:03 AM
Thanks for the reminder on the chairs, Pat - I meant to post this photo as well.

These are now in the Fernan Rod & Gun Club lost and found.  Please contact me or Pat if you are not a club member and would like assistance retrieving them.