News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monticello, MN AAR - April 23-24, 2022

Started by ProudPapa14, April 24, 2022, 08:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProudPapa14

We had a great group come out to Monticello Sportsmen Club to participate in our Patriot's Day Appleseed weekend.  We had a few late cancellations due to illness/work, but we were privileged to host a boy scout troop of six boys and three adults plus another four other adult registrants who came out and persevered in the cold, rainy conditions. 

The weekend started with very heavy rains and lightning to start the day on Saturday.  Fortunately, the Monticello Sportsmen Club has a covered breezeway that we were able to use to do our intro and first parts of instruction while waiting for the lightning to clear.  The rest of the weekend we faced intermittent rain, strong winds, and a lack of warmth.  But one thing we did not lack was teachable attitudes and a group of participants who persevered.  So, at the end of the weekend, we had two new riflemen and improvement across the board with riflemen skills.  We went from Saturday morning red coat of having two who were effective out to 200 yards to having one clear, four effective at 300 yards, and seven effective at 200 yards.

I'd like to thank the Monticello Sportsmen Club for hosting us and providing a great facility that we could utilize to do instruction out of the rain and lightning.  I also wanted to thank Taylor for coming over and making the event possible. 

I didn't get a chance to take to many pictures and I hope any of you that have pictures wouldn't mind sharing.

Toby & Sawyer instructing down range:

Tim teaching talking targets:

Toby instructing while waiting out the lightning:

Tony (211) and Adam (217) - new rifleman with the IITs:

Robert, Tony, and Toby with the cleared red coat:

Group Photo:

Captain

What a motley crew! Looks like Minnesota had a fantastic Patriot's Day shoot! Congrats to the new Riflemen.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Taylor

Its always a pleasure working with my Minnesota brothers. Congratulations Shannon on your Green Hat and Toby on your Red Hat! Congratulations to all the IITs who took a bump up also! See you again next weekend. Pictures...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pictures...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pictures...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last of my pictures...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Congratulations new Riflemen Tony and Adam along with the IITs who guided them...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

attist

This was a great weekend.
Riflemen - both existing, new, and those on the road to the patch, will persevere!
Duluth, MN w/ Martin & RustyRed - 1st Rifleman
Monticello, MN w/ Trig & LGLDLR - Orange Hat...
Monticello, MN w/ ProudPapa14 - Instructor PC!