News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Come Join us at Puryear TN 5/21 - 5/22

Started by ArmyVet, April 15, 2022, 12:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyVet

Greetings all,

As I was looking through the near-term schedule, I noticed that TN has an event (25-meter) scheduled for Puryear TN on 5/21/2022 - 5/22/2022. This event is sold out at 20 students signed up including 7 youth shooters. There are 4 instructors signed up:
2x MI
1x SI
1x SB

It would be great if we could get some help considering the number of youth shooters. Let's set a goal of 10 instructors so that the youth can be safely monitored and coached as well as the rest of the line. Our Applecore volunteers are very welcome also!

Please check your schedules and consider signing up for this event. As of this writing, there is a 1-day Pistol event in Manchester on 5/21/2022. Nothing else is scheduled in Tennessee that weekend.

Appleseed has a history of conducting quality events at Puryear since 2012 so let's continue that tradition.

AV
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Ramblin' Wreck

What a great opportunity for folks new to the program to work with DonD.  O0 I'd be there but Mrs. Wreck and I will be on vacation during that time.
Wreck

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

dond

Thanks for your post ArmyVet. Actually the events at Puryear go back long before 2012. The oldest AAR I could find quickly was a 3 day event in 2009 where there were 32 shooters. And they go back considerably farther than that. I'll look for more when I have the time.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

ArmyVet

That's amazing! You piqued my curiosity, so I searched a bit and found on AAR from March 2013 with the following noted in the comments:
QuoteOne of those who re-qualified, Rusty, took an Orange Hat and we put him to work.
Now how can anyone pass up a chance to not only work with DonD... but work at the range where our National Coordinator took an ORANGE HAT?!
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

dond

Want another surprise? Wreck brought him there because he wanted Rusty to see what I was doing with my COF.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken