News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Changing of the guard in Florida

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, April 08, 2022, 10:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Friends,

Please join me in thanking Engineer Shooting for all his contributions during his two years as State Coordinator in Florida.  It's a tough job and he took it on when no one else was interested.  If you don't know Engineer Shooting, he's an instructor who loved Appleseed so much that he built a range just for us.  The IDMR is one of the few Designated Appleseed Ranges in our program's history.  During that time, he's hosted more than 100 events there.

As Engineer Shooting steps down, please welcome Scuba Steve to the role of State Coordinator.  Steve has been Appleseeding for four years and has a strong teaching background.  If you know anything about diving, it's a sport where a participant is completely responsible for their own life.  Teaching diving is serious business - empowering people to stay alive in a very unnatural environment.  Steve excels in this and it shows in his Appleseed teaching.

Steve has big shoes to fill after B.C. and Engineer Shooting, but we're all confident he's up for the job. 

Florida cadre:  you should expect to hear from him soon and regularly! 

Steve:  thanks for stepping up and taking a bigger bucket!

Ramblin Wreck
SE Regional Coordinator
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Roswell

Thanks for stepping up Steve! I look forward to working more with you in the future!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Nashville Stage

Huzzah!
Thanks, Engineer Shooting for all your work over the years.
Steve, it's great to have you on board!
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Overmountain

Well done, Engineer Shooting!  Thank you for your leadership.

And Steve, thank you for picking up that mantle in FL!
Rifleman: October 2017, March 2020, April 2020, March 2021, December 2021
Instructor Boot Camp: February 2020, February 2021, January 2022, March 2022
Known Distance Qualified: December 2021
Libertyseed: July 2020
Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: January 2021
Pistol Qualified: Rimfire and Centerfire January 2021
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: February 2022

Google

JustKim

Thanks to Ken for taking on the SC position for the past two years.  Ken is a huge asset to the program and has mentored MANY awesome instructors/shoot bosses.  When you hear Ken tell his stories, you can't help but be immediately sold on the Appleseed mission -- I know I was/am!!

Thanks for stepping up Steve -- appreciate you taking this on and look forward to working with you

JustKim
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Guntuckian

Congrats, ScubaSteve!  Thanks for stepping up!  Thanks, EngineerShooting for your  dedication!
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

TheMenace

Steve, you have tremendous energy and an analytical mind. You'll be an awesome SC. Looking forward to continued work with you!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Tennessee Beast

Ken,

Thanks for your dedication to the mission and for being the State Coordinator for the past two years.

Steve,

Congratulations!  I'm sure you will do a great job!
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

ScubaSteve

Thanks to all, especially those who came before me.  I have some pretty big shoes to fill as state coordinator, but I will try and do them justice.

Steve

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: ScubaSteve on April 11, 2022, 03:26:50 PM
Thanks to all, especially those who came before me.  I have some pretty big shoes to fill as state coordinator, but I will try and do them justice.

Steve

You'll do just fine, Steve. And there's a whole country of your fellows who are happy to give you some help and guidance when you have need of us.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Twineagles

Thanks Engineer Shooting for all your effort the past 2 years.

Scuba Steve a big Huzzah from the instructor core in Iowa!

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Patriot1775

Ken is my mentor, and always will be! I love that man, he is Appleseed! He is tough but fair, I wouldn't want it any other way.   Thanks Scuba Steve for stepping up.