News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Come to Huntsville and shoot KD ON PATRIOT'S DAY

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, March 28, 2022, 09:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

In all my years in Appleseed, I've never had the opportunity to shoot a KD on Patriots' Day. That's about to change in a couple of weeks. There is a 1 day KD at HISR in Huntsville, AL for experienced Appleseeders on April 19th. This is an event for instructors or experienced shooters only. There will be minimal instruction save for trajectory and reading the wind. Of course you'll hear some history, it's what we do. This is a great opportunity to re-qualify KD if you haven't done so in a while.

I realize not everyone can take off on a Tuesday to do a range day, but if you can manage it I think the experience of testing your marksmanship skills on the very day 247 years after our forefathers demonstrated their marksmanship skills to choose Liberty over slavery will be a memorable experience. Imagine getting that KD tab on April 19th.....  ^:)^
See you on the line.

Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Palousie

I can take off on a Tuesday! My classes are on Monday/Wednesday ^:)^ Is there a link to sign up?

If anyone wants to carpool, shoot me a message.

ArmyVet

The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Chico

Quote from: ArmyVet on March 28, 2022, 03:27:31 PM
I am thinking hard about this...  :-\

Time to stop thinking and start acting . . . You may never have this opportunity again.
Oct 30/31  1st Appleseed - Gibsonburg (232)

March 5/6  1st Winterseed - WolfCreek (225)
March 5  Cleared RedCoat (Sat am & pm)
March 6  Orange Hat ( I requested Blue )
Aug 20/21 1st Pistol Clinic - Wolf Creek (220)
Aug 21  Cleared Pistol RedCoat
Sept 11  10 Event Pin (Canfield)

Oct 9  Red Hat - Marengo (Meadow)

February 4/5 Shoot Boss IBC (M.O.)
April 1/2 Pistol IBC Annapolis, Maryland
April 2 Pistol Instructor (Catch-10-22)

CMP Range Safety Officer - Rimfire
CMP Range Safety Officer - Smallbore
CMP Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
ISSF Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
Certified - SafeSport Trained
Royal Rangers Counselor - Rifle/Archery

We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again . . . Nathaniel Greene

ArmyVet

It's mainly a question of ammo and gas. In the Tennessee Valley we have a tradition of KD re-qualifications on New Years Eve or New Years Day. I am current, but it would be great to "shoot with the gang!"
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Willociraptor

Man oh man I really want to go! Lots on my plate, and I'm already registered for the AS on 4/23-24. But I'm itching for redemption after my rifle/ammo system refused to work for me at the last KD in November. And it would be fun to do it on Patriots Day. Let me run it by the Board of Director  **)
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

Nashville Stage

*Sigh*

You really know how to tempt a guy to buy more ammo...
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Palousie

Quote from: ArmyVet on March 28, 2022, 04:49:24 PM
It's mainly a question of ammo and gas. In the Tennessee Valley we have a tradition of KD re-qualifications on New Years Eve or New Years Day. I am current, but it would be great to "shoot with the gang!"

You can ride with me for a change, if you'd like.  My car is easier on gas than your truck.

Ramblin' Wreck

HUZZAH! I look forward to seeing you there.

Wreck

Quote from: Palousie on March 28, 2022, 01:06:14 PMI can take off on a Tuesday! My classes are on Monday/Wednesday ^:)^ Is there a link to sign up?

If anyone wants to carpool, shoot me a message.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Nashville Stage

Ok, it's official. Another case of ammo has been ordered.  ::)
I'll pitch in for gas to whoever wants to carpool.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Aliquippa

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Aliquippa on April 01, 2022, 01:21:43 PM
This is for full instructors only?

IITs and Applecore are welcome, of course!  Come on down.

But if you want to shoot, make sure you sign up for a slot.  Space on the range is limited!

https://goappleseednow.org/?event=south-huntsville-al-known-distance-appleseed-april-19-2022-instructor-only
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.