News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD AAR - March 19-20,2022 Appleseed

Started by Agent711, March 22, 2022, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent711

Day one began with our Red Coat. Following instruction of the rudiments of marksmanship, we shot a few squares. A couple were not hitting the paper and after we took a closer look at equipment, we discovered some things that required fixing. With the fixes completed, everyone was hitting paper. Thanks to Off_Paper's presentation of the IMCs, everyone was able to adjust their sights. Kevin even figured out his new digital scope with a little help from Off_Paper.

The morning was over before we knew it so we broke for lunch listening to the First Strike told by Lycos. Shooters were excited and ready to learn the seated and standing positions. Not long after we introduced the transitions. Seeing everyone grasping all the instruction to that point we went through the stages of the AQT. The last Red Coat of the day saw a slight improvement from the morning but I think everyone was tired and ready to take a break.

Day two, Toni came back to try her rifle again after replacing her non-functional red dot with a new scope. I was able to spot her and with just a couple of adjustments was able to get her zeroed. This proved the usefulness of a good grasp of IMCs. Unfortunately Kevin's digital scope did not save his zero, so he opted to use another rifle with a standard scope. This proved to be a good choice given his success later in the day.
Everyone received some personal attention as we ran through a ball-and-dummy drill followed by carding the sights. It was time to put all our practice to the test shooting the first AQT of the day. And I am proud to say two new Riflemen have proven themselves. Patrick M. obtained a score of 215. Then Kevin M. too proved he has what it takes scoring 216. Huzzah! Everyone on the line challenged themselves trying to beat their own high score as I observed their scores creeping higher as the day went. Lunchtime came and Lycos provided the group with the second and third strikes.

Returning to the line, the group continued to challenge themselves. We took a short break introducing known distance concepts like trajectory and tying it in with IMCs and come ups. By the end of the day, Kevin M. walked away with the high score of the day, 222. Huzzah!
It was easy to see the excitement in the eyes of these shooters as they prepared to shoot their last Red Coat. Everyone was as anxious to see how much they improved. And improvement was seen by all. Remember, a Rifleman persists. I know each of you have was it takes. You are all on the path to Rifleman.

Thanks again to our gracious host range Anne Arundel Fish and Game! And a special thanks to our volunteers. Lycos provided instruction and entertained us telling the history throughout the day. Off_Paper also provided instruction to include a concise presentation of IMCs and shot group analysis. Liberty Boy (Devlin M.) set us up for success managing check-in and expert demonstration of all the positions. Devlin also took the opportunity to practice his marksmanship the second day. He re-qualified Rifleman twice. First on his Tippmann (scoring 210) then on a bolt action Marlin (scoring 210).  :bow:

I am so proud and hope to see each of you back on the line again soon.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!