News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stepping Up

Started by Mixed Metaphor, March 20, 2022, 09:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

I want announce that Willociraptor has stepped up to take over as Alabama State Coordinator.

I am stepping down from that position only.  I have enjoyed the last few years tremendously, but feel that it's time for young blood.

I want to thank Maximum Ordinate, Rambling Wreck, Google, EddieB, AH1Tom and the whole Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia crews.
Y'all all ROCK!

May Liberty increase.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Mrs. Smith

The changing of the guard. Always a mixed feelings sort of event, don't you think?

Mixed Metaphor, I'm glad to hear you're not leaving entirely. The Mission still needs you.

Willociraptor, congratulations. You have big shoes to fill, but also plenty of mentorship available when you need it.  Take the job and make it yours.

I tip my hat to the both of you.

In Liberty
Traci
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Roswell

It's been a pleasure working with you sir and you better not stay a stranger to Georgia.

Wilociraptor, I look forward to making your acquaintance sir and continuing the great relationship between Georgia and Alabama. Thanks for stepping up!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Overmountain

MM, it's been an honor to both learn from and work the line with you.  You may never know how much and how far your impact reaches, but you can be certain that it carries significant weight and is changing lives! 

From your family on the Georgia side of the border, there's nothing we can say or do to thank you enough for your immeasurable impact on those who continue to look up to you!  We are truly grateful for your excellent service both in your passionate presentation of the material, and the infectious way you go about it!  Through your attention to detail and impeccable leadership you are continuing to set an example to those you lead by understanding when to take a step back.  You certainly leave behind a state in excellent condition and anyone who takes your place will have a set of very large shoes to fill!  I want you to know that we consider you a huge blessing here and cannot wait to hear about your adventures to come! 

I'm convinced that the Founding Fathers would all be nodding in approval and appreciation.  May God continue to richly bless you as you've blessed us! 

Wilociraptor, we're all cheering you on as you take on this new mantle and continue in the Mission!  Thank you for stepping up, asking for a bigger bucket, and accepting the challenge to lead the state!  And may you be given a generous portion of wisdom, grace, and endurance! 
Rifleman: October 2017, March 2020, April 2020, March 2021, December 2021
Instructor Boot Camp: February 2020, February 2021, January 2022, March 2022
Known Distance Qualified: December 2021
Libertyseed: July 2020
Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: January 2021
Pistol Qualified: Rimfire and Centerfire January 2021
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: February 2022

Leadslinger66

Gary, your hard work in Alabama is much appreciated! I always looks forward to working with you.

Will, thanks for taking on more duties. I know you will do well!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Monkey

Thank you to both Gary and Will - keeping this railroad on the tracks is no simple task and takes a lot of energy, time, and teamwork.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Planeman

CONGRATULATIONS, WILL!

It was always a pleasure working with you in Florida and no doubt, you'll be an amazing asset in Alabama!! :F
"Instead of sitting down satisfied with the efforts we have already made, which is the wish of our enemies, the necessity of the times, now more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance.."  - Samuel Adams-- HUZZAH!!

scuzzy

Thanks for stepping up.

I almost missed this post. Everybody reading this - always but always send me a PM when it's important stuff.

Willociraptor - I'm about to send you a PM with info on your new role. And thanks again.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Captain

Thanks Brother Gary and thank you Will for stepping in to take over the SC. It's nice to see that job going on to others to learn. 
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

TheMenace

Good on ya Will! Love watching you grow and mature in the program. When do you get your Green Hat?
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Tennessee Beast

Gary,

You did a great job as SC.  Thank you for your service!

Will,

Congratulations on your new position!  I'm sure you'll do great!

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

malabar

MM,

an entirely reasonable decision; you're going to be too busy running Pistol Clinics and IBCs to deal with the admin stuff for the state. I know you're going to make a real impact there. ;)

Willorith, THANKS for stepping up! We know you're going to do great things.

You guys rock!

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Bear Arms

Will, it was such an honor meeting you at my very first AS!  As I reflect back to that day, your sage words of encouragement were very instrumental in getting me on the trail.  You are an amazing inspiration and I am very thankful for you!  Thank you for stepping up!
2/17/2018 - First Appleseed
4/21/2018 - First Redcoat target cleared
6/16/2018 - Earned Rifleman patch and accepted orange hat
7/14/2018 - First IBC
8/04/2018 - First instructor only shooting development day
12/16/2018 - Earned red hat
3/30/2019 - KD Qualified
9/10/2022 - Rimfire KD qualified

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

Guntuckian

Congrats, Will!  Thanks for stepping up!
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Mixed Metaphor

Overmountain,

Thank you for the very kind and motivational words.  I hope to see soon!

Quote from: Overmountain on March 21, 2022, 11:12:30 AM
MM, it's been an honor to both learn from and work the line with you.  You may never know how much and how far your impact reaches, but you can be certain that it carries significant weight and is changing lives! 

From your family on the Georgia side of the border, there's nothing we can say or do to thank you enough for your immeasurable impact on those who continue to look up to you!  We are truly grateful for your excellent service both in your passionate presentation of the material, and the infectious way you go about it!  Through your attention to detail and impeccable leadership you are continuing to set an example to those you lead by understanding when to take a step back.  You certainly leave behind a state in excellent condition and anyone who takes your place will have a set of very large shoes to fill!  I want you to know that we consider you a huge blessing here and cannot wait to hear about your adventures to come! 

I'm convinced that the Founding Fathers would all be nodding in approval and appreciation.  May God continue to richly bless you as you've blessed us! 

Wilociraptor, we're all cheering you on as you take on this new mantle and continue in the Mission!  Thank you for stepping up, asking for a bigger bucket, and accepting the challenge to lead the state!  And may you be given a generous portion of wisdom, grace, and endurance!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Willociraptor

Thank you everybody for the kind words of encouragement. And obviously a huge YUGE thanks to Mixed Metaphor as well for all the hard work over the past few years. I'm excited to be able to give back to the Appleseed community in a new/expanded role and am grateful to have so many people on my side in learning the ropes on this new adventure. Let's go fan some wildfire.
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

HardHolder

Thanks Gary for all you have dome. I remember when I was trying to shoot my first AS I had some questions. You were very gracious and went overboard to help me. Since I have become an IIT you have helped me and encouraged me. I appreciate you and consider you my friend. I look forward to working with you in the future brother!

Will, congrats on the promotion. At my 1st AS you were there and helped me a lot. I have never forgotten that and you agreed to be my Mentor. I will help you any way I can to promote the mission here. Thx for stepping up. Thank you for the friendship we share.

Black Knight

Gary, Great as always to see you yesterday at the Pistol Clinic.  Thanks for all you have done as AL SC.  I am looking forward to working more with you on Pistil Clinics.

Will, pleasure meeting you yesterday.  Thanks for stepping up!
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021