News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Perryville IBC

Started by Flintlock54, March 12, 2022, 10:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flintlock54

I looking forward to seeing everyone and also to making some new friends. I want to tell you all  a bit about the venue.

Our classroom is on the grounds of the St.Mary's of the Barrens Seminary and was founded 1818   The seminary is the oldest institute of higher education west of the Mississippi. While no longer a teaching seminary the classrooms  are utilized as a community college associated with 3 Rivers Coomunity Colege in Poplar Bluff. Church services are still held and the grounds are popular for photos or just contemplation if you wish. The building we are in also houses a local military museum and the local historical society archives and office.

There are 8 Revolutionary  War veterans buried in Perry County, 6 of whom were from Maryland.

I have a room/patio reserved at Beef Obradys just across the street for Saturday evening fellowship.  I also would like to extend an invitation for Friday arrivals to contact me, we can have dinner. 
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn

Captain

Sounds like you found us the perfect place for an IBC! Can't wait!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm looking forward to spending time with my Missouri brothers and sisters. I'll be arriving sometime late afternoon on Friday. Any guidance on hotels nearby?
Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Flintlock54

There are 4 motels just off I-55 all on the west side of the interstate. The newest is a Holliday Inn Express there are some cheaper ones:
Days Inn
Comfort Inn
Super 8

There are all in the same area and all just 5 minutes from the Higher Ed Center
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn