News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

100% Riflemen 4 Perfect 250's by 3 Different Shooters Marriottsville MD 3-22

Started by BeSwift, March 06, 2022, 05:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Where to begin....  4 Perfect Scores 250  by 3 different shooters using different Rifles and Ammo.... 100% of Students Earn Riflemen.... 75% Earn Distinguished 240+  All students clear the Redcoat to earn the exclusive MD Immortal 400 Patch...

As an instructor, this was by far, the most successful and talented bunch of shooters I've ever had on the line at the same time... Think Dream Team... An honor and a pleasure to witness the skill of these folks, digging deep, and achieving the almost unthinkable...

THANK YOU to all the students, volunteers and host club Mt Washington Rod n Gun/ Associated Gun Clubs of MD at Marriottsville, MD for making this event the greatest success I've ever seen, in my years with the program...

Link to pics here!  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=264406060313831&set=a.4904551116299279
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Mixed Metaphor

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

CarrollMS

Most remarkable, and USNAVYCHIEF (RET) did it 250 with a bolt action!  He had been psyched for this for weeks.  Well done BeSwift!   Congratulations to all the shooters, but especially those 250 and distinguished.

"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200

scuzzy

Now that is amazing. Absolutely.

Curious - my best was a 248. Some flyers took me out of the running. Not real bad flyers but just enough to lose some points.

I've only seen a handful of 250s and all were using match ammo. Which to me has a ridiculous price. Too ridiculous to make me want to buy it.  Heck I'm happy anytime I can get in the 240s.

So the question is - were they using standard ammo or match grade? What type of rifles? Custom or stock?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BeSwift

Shooter 1:   Tikka super high dollar bolt action, with SK match ammo
Shooter 2:   Moderately upgraded 10/22 (nothing crazy) with CCI Standard ammo
Shooter 3:   AR with dedicated 22LR Upper, but set up like a service competition rifle (weights, etc)  Also CCI Standard ammo
All were HP rifle competitors, so very experienced shooters... All shot a number of 248-249 just about all day long until they got bored and changed to Springfield 1922's for fun...
All were running optics... (as were all prior 250's in MD)...

Quote from: scuzzy on March 06, 2022, 06:46:09 PM
Now that is amazing. Absolutely.

Curious - my best was a 248. Some flyers took me out of the running. Not real bad flyers but just enough to lose some points.

I've only seen a handful of 250s and all were using match ammo. Which to me has a ridiculous price. Too ridiculous to make me want to buy it.  Heck I'm happy anytime I can get in the 240s.

So the question is - were they using standard ammo or match grade? What type of rifles? Custom or stock?
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Corvette

Beswift,

Amazing shoot, more importantly, what an easy shoot to score targets.   ;D ;D

Well done sir.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Off_paper

It was truly an honor and privilege to spend two days on the line with these amazing shooters. As an IIT, I truly appreciate how easy they made scoring for us, and seeing multiple perfect scores shot was eye opening.

"They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about"

Huzzah!
Rifleman: 5/9/21 Marriottsville MD, Requal 3/6/22, 4/24/22 (245 Distinguished Optics)

Pistoleer™: 11/21/21 Annapolis MD, Requal Charlottesville VA 1/15/22

KD: 12/9/23 Ramseur 47/50

HardHolder

Outstanding!

Great shooting everyone.

I would have loved to have been there to see these great scores.

HUZZAH!

Doc Sporseen

That's pretty darned impressive!  Of course, if you throw a Navy Chief a bolt gun and he'll know what to do with it!
Aaron "Doc" Sporseen
HM1(FMF), USN, Retired

Rifleman:  November 2019
Morgan's Rifleman:  September 2021
Red Hat: January 2023
Pistoleer™:  March 2023
Requal (KD): July 2023

Captain

There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

BeSwift

Quote from: dart67eb on March 07, 2022, 02:28:08 AM
Damn.  I just make Riflemen.  You make super Riflemen.  SMH.

I'm pretty sure I had very little to do with it... Maybe helped guide a few non-250 shooters to get over the hump....
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Overmountain

Rifleman: October 2017, March 2020, April 2020, March 2021, December 2021
Instructor Boot Camp: February 2020, February 2021, January 2022, March 2022
Known Distance Qualified: December 2021
Libertyseed: July 2020
Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: January 2021
Pistol Qualified: Rimfire and Centerfire January 2021
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: February 2022

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

CokeGuy

Codebook

Knowledge is power

TriggerJerk

-----------------

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

â€"Benjamin Franklin

509gman

Quote from: Codebook on March 08, 2022, 11:56:46 AM
WOW !!!!! That is an instructors dream.

This instructor's dream is to take someone who has never fired a rifle to >210, but maybe that's just me ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

MI-copperhead

Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Quinncannon

Very impressive, I would like to shoot with such impressive Riflemen!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Ramblin' Wreck

Outstanding! Did you have enough orange hats to go around?  ;)
Wreck

Quote from: BeSwift on March 06, 2022, 05:31:02 PMWhere to begin....  4 Perfect Scores 250  by 3 different shooters using different Rifles and Ammo.... 100% of Students Earn Riflemen.... 75% Earn Distinguished 240+  All students clear the Redcoat to earn the exclusive MD Immortal 400 Patch...

As an instructor, this was by far, the most successful and talented bunch of shooters I've ever had on the line at the same time... Think Dream Team... An honor and a pleasure to witness the skill of these folks, digging deep, and achieving the almost unthinkable...

THANK YOU to all the students, volunteers and host club Mt Washington Rod n Gun/ Associated Gun Clubs of MD at Marriottsville, MD for making this event the greatest success I've ever seen, in my years with the program...

Link to pics here!  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=264406060313831&set=a.4904551116299279
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

REDACTED

Hey Maryland,
You guys know its 25 meters, not 25 feet?
Just checking!

CONGRATS!
That is an amazing weekend shoot!
Never in Writing, Always in Cash!