News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Project Appleseed Playing Cards

Started by mr6actual, March 03, 2022, 02:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr6actual

The edition 9 Instructor Manual mentioned Project Appleseed Playing cards.
I found a pic of them on the web.  I WANT TO BUY NUMEROUS to give as gifts.  Any left?  Any more being made???

"For all your days prepare and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear, when you are the hammer, strike! (Edwin Markham) 
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee 1788

Thaddeus

Currently out of stock.

Is there sufficient interest from the Appleseed family to restock in the Store?

Pine Ridge Puma

Thaddeus,  I would be interested in some of the cards.  PRP
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

Pocket Watch

I am also interested in obtaining some.

Burnett

Would it be possible for someone to provide a link so a guy could find out more about these?
So far, I'm finding poor picture of some cards.
Thanks,
Burnett

ArmyVet

Quote from: Thaddeus on March 04, 2022, 10:18:04 AM
Currently out of stock.

I would buy a few decks!
Is there sufficient interest from the Appleseed family to restock in the Store?
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Geek

Giving this a bump to see if others are interested.  I would purchase several packs myself if they were available again.
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

SavageShootr

I was talking to Johnnyappleseed this evening and he mentioned that he spoke to Fred about the cards. I believe there would be sufficient interest in them.

I hope they make a comeback.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Snow Snake

I'd be in for an extra deck or two. 
Let me put in a positive plug for mesh caps for summer.   >:D   Oophs,guess I just did.
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

300berg

Photos of deck.

Clubs & Diamonds

300berg

Photos of deck.

Hearts & Spades

M14man

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -Thomas Jefferson

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death; If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive…" â€"Harriet Tubman

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

If we cease to assert Our rights we shall dwindle into supineness and the chains of slavery shall be fast rivetted upon us
-Samuel Whittemore

Shabadoo

I'd be interested in a deck or three.

Not Sure

I'd be in for some. 

Ignoring the numbers and using the characters instead could make for an interesting game of war, but would end up in too many arguments over which card was greater in value.

T. WOLF

In Michigan we often hand out these cards to participants to read a character bio out loud.  We collect them back afterward, so the original deck I received in my SBIT box is still intact - but I think this is a useful tool to engage with history in a different way. 
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

Tennessee Beast

I would love to see them come back.  They make good giveaways as well as instruction tool (TPI History).  I'd order some.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Burnett

Needs to be an Appleseed cribbage board to go with them.  :)

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Burnett on August 03, 2022, 11:12:39 PM

Now you have my attention!  15-2, 15-4, a double run for 12, and nobs for 13.   :cool2:

Friends, there are no short term plans to bring back the playing cards.  The last order we sourced... well... we lost a bunch of money and ended up giving most of them away.

I have two spare decks of cards.  I'll send them to the first two red hats who PM me with their mailing address.  (ETA:  both decks spoken for)

Never say never... but we need to find a smarter way to do the next run of card decks.

It's on the radar.  We'll do what we can.

best,
R
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Chico

Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on August 03, 2022, 11:48:55 PM
Quote from: Burnett on August 03, 2022, 11:12:39 PM

Now you have my attention!  15-2, 15-4, a double run for 12, and nobs for 13.   :cool2:

31 for 2, Trips for 6, and 2 pair in the crib for 4 . . . Your deal . . . :whistle:
Oct 30/31  1st Appleseed - Gibsonburg (232)

March 5/6  1st Winterseed - WolfCreek (225)
March 5  Cleared RedCoat (Sat am & pm)
March 6  Orange Hat ( I requested Blue )
Aug 20/21 1st Pistol Clinic - Wolf Creek (220)
Aug 21  Cleared Pistol RedCoat
Sept 11  10 Event Pin (Canfield)

Oct 9  Red Hat - Marengo (Meadow)

February 4/5 Shoot Boss IBC (M.O.)
April 1/2 Pistol IBC Annapolis, Maryland
April 2 Pistol Instructor (Catch-10-22)

CMP Range Safety Officer - Rimfire
CMP Range Safety Officer - Smallbore
CMP Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
ISSF Range Safety Officer - Air Rifle/Pistol
Certified - SafeSport Trained
Royal Rangers Counselor - Rifle/Archery

We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again . . . Nathaniel Greene

Burnett

Quote from: Chico on August 04, 2022, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: Maximum Ordinate on August 03, 2022, 11:48:55 PM

31 for 2, Trips for 6, and 2 pair in the crib for 4 . . . Your deal . . . :whistle:

If you guys want to waste WAY too much time, go to www.cribbageclassic.com and play online.
I play the pro level and am scratching and clawing my way towards a 50% win rate; currently at 45%.

Pocket Watch

Battle road themed cribbage boards?

300berg

Up to 60 cards, custom front+backs.

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/custom-us-game-deck-size-cards.html

Don't know how that compares to previous bulk purchase, but perhaps the excited instructors want to collaborate on a smaller run?

Battle-road cribbage board sounds dope. :)

Luigi

I always though these were a FANTASTIC idea.

I would get passel  full of sets to hand out. Spend my own money I would.

Hope we can solve this!

JustKim

If we ever do the cards again, I would LOVE to see the ladies cards updated/improved.  The current ladies cards seem to be more about to whom they are married and what their husbands did rather than the important roles they played -- they do not include many of the women who played very important roles -- not to diminish what wives did -- but we need to include our dangerous women -- Betty Zane, Sybil Ludington, Emily Geager, The Hart ladies, Agent 355, Anna Strong -- I could go on and on!!

my $.02

%)
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

mr6actual

"For all your days prepare and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear, when you are the hammer, strike! (Edwin Markham) 
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee 1788