News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sad News from Meeker Sportsman's Club

Started by Cadence, February 14, 2022, 11:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadence

Ohio Cadre,
This past weekend, I was made aware of the passing of Denny Tubbs who was the the president of the Meeker Sportsman's Club outside of Marion ,Ohio. As many of you know this is one of Ohio's heritage ranges and one of the two ranges we currently have for KD events.

There is supposed to be a memorial event this Wednesday February 16 at the Meeker Sports from 3 pm to 8 pm. See link below.

https://www.chokeexpress.com/pages/dennis-p-tubbs-1952-2022

I am planning on going to represent Project Appleseed but would also like to collect donations that we can give to the club.
If you would like to contribute, please PM me and I will send you my mailing address. I will post any other information I receive from the club.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

All,

Denny was a special supporter of Appleseed.  As the Club Manager, he always defended Appleseed when any of the members grumbled about us using the range.  He was a special guy who was committed to our mission and to the shooting sports.  I will be there on Wed with Cadence.  I encourage all of you to work with Cadence to support Meeker. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

I was saddened to hear this news. Denny (and Meeker) was a strong supporter of our program.
Cadence/Steve, let me know what I can do for support

Charley

This is sad news indeed. We've lost a great Appleseed supporter. Unfortunately, I am not able to attend. Thanks Cadence for being able to show support to his family.

CountZero

I stopped by for a short visit to give my support to Linda. I'm a local to the range and try to offer them my skills / time as much as possible. I'll help keep banging the appleseed drum for use at the meeker range.

Cadence

Thanks Joe

I was there as well and also Corvette.

As I stated in a previous post, I would like to collect funds from anyone who wants to donate to give to Linda to show our Appleseed appreciation and support for Meeker. Funds will go directly to the club and Linda said those funds would be used to support youth programs at the club.

If you wish to donate, PM me and I will send my mailing address.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cadence

For those that want to contribute directly to the club, the address is below.
FYI Linda Tubbs is the widow of Denny Tubbs

Linda Tubbs
Meeker Sportsman Club, Inc
Memberships Office
1920 Bumford Rd
Marion, OH 43302
~ Samuel Adams

Charley

Thanks CountZero and Cadence for showing Appleseed support to Linda and Meeker during this difficult time. Thank you CountZero for continuing promoting Appleseed at Meeker.

Corvette

Ohio AS,

Denny was a great supporter of the program.  Please consider supporting Meeker Sportsman Center with a contribution.  Work with Cadence, Meeker is a great supporter of the program.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!