News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gainesville TX KD 12-18-2021 Event ID 8046 AAR

Started by Steck, December 20, 2021, 05:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

What a productive - and BRISK - KD Weekend!  Six shooters faced sub-freezing temperatures, everyone learned a lot about themselves (and their equipment) and two earned their KD wings!

Justin impressed us with a 42,
Matt KILLED it with a 48!

Congratulations to everyone!    AAAND there's more, we'll let others tell the story through pictures.

Philip_Dimmitt

It was a fantastic event!  Thanks to Mr. Goin for hosting us and thanks to all the instructors for sharing their time and expertise!  At my first Appleseed they told me a Rifleman persists... it took a lot of persistence to earn KD Rifleman, but it was well worth the journey!

The new Morgan's Rifleman patch is a fantastic addition to the program!!!  I love the idea of recreating history.  In these crazy times the ability to reach back and participate in doing what Captain Daniel Morgan was doing over 200 years ago has a special place in my heart.  It feels a bit like re-living history.  Looking forward to my next Appleseed event.

Mrs. Smith

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Philip_Dimmitt

Philip_Dimmitt

Morgan's Shingle and patch

JustKim

LOVE the patches - especially the Texas KD Rifleman patch -- I might have to visit a KD on my next trip to Texas  ::)  :snipersmi
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: JustKim on December 21, 2021, 05:33:52 PM
LOVE the patches - especially the Texas KD Rifleman patch -- I might have to visit a KD on my next trip to Texas  ::)  :snipersmi

Best not to wait!! When they're gone, they're gone.  Limited edition  :cool2:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Philip_Dimmitt

Photo of the range qualification target and shooting range

Philip_Dimmitt

There was a pretty mixed response to how many students in the class had medical training.  There is now a Stop The Bleed Online Course that is offered for free.  It's great starting point into life saving medical training.

mrakestraw

This was a great KD. I learned a lot and we all pushed through the inclement weather. The instructors were awesome!
The Morgan's Rifleman patch was the highlight of the weekend and I'm glad to say I was able to make the grade.   
07/21: Rifleman
12/21: KD Rifleman, Distinguished, Morgan's Shingle
01/22: Pistoleerâ„¢

Turbo Pin, Complete Combatant Black Belt Patches, 3.45 card, MSP 3/4 patch, Tier 1 Three Sevens patch

Come get more instruction with me!
My next class is: Sage Dynamics in March in Muenster, TX

Philip_Dimmitt

Got my Winterseed patch in the mail.  Thank you Steck!

Also included my Rifleman patch, with an old photo from the National Guard MAC V Regional Marksmanship Championship.  Appleseed helped me get there.

God Bless!