News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek, MI. AAR Dec. 18-19, 2021

Started by Click, December 20, 2021, 02:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Click

it was a cold but fun weekend this weekend at the Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek. Our shooters that showed up were the best and made facing the cold weather well worth it. All of our shooters earned themselves a Winterseed patch and one even snagged himself a distinguished. Dave congratulation once again on getting that distinguished patch. Steve, Mike and Mitch I'm sure you guys will be getting that patch very soon with the scores in the 230s all of you were getting I'm sure it won't be long. Congratulations to Pepper Spray on getting her Red Hat , she did an outstanding job on and I'm sure it was nice and warm under that bus. I would like to thank all the instructors that braved the snow and sleet on Saturday and all the frigid cold on Sunday to help out this weekend. I would also like to thank the Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek for hosting the event.

:pics:

Geek

We had snow, sleet, and cold weather.  All the ingredients for a Winterseed.  I was disappointed when Click said we still had to shoot score to get the patch.  I started the day with iron sights and realized my eyes are not up to the task in this weather.  I switched guns and did the task with glass.  It is hard to top an event where everyone on the line shoots rifleman scores. Great achievement for all involved.  I made some new friends too.  Can a person attend one with out that happening?  I will see a couple of you in FL.
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

Chieflane

Thanks to Click and all the instructors who braved the snow at the  Battlecreek Winterseed. The instruction was great and the history presentations were outstanding. Could not ask for a better weekend filled with good shooters, good instructors, and good snowy weather.

Congrats to Pepper Spray on receiving her Red Hat.

Yours in Liberty,

Chief Lane

JustKim

WOW!  sounds like an amazing event!  Congrats on Rifleman and a special congrats to Pepper Spray (love to know the story behind the name!) on her red hat!! 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

MI-copperhead

Despite the weather it was a good weekend. I requalified with a 233(my best effort to date), shot a 50 score on the standing portion of the AQT, equaled my best slow fire stage with a 98, and just missed clearing Saturday's second Red Coat by one shot just low on the 300 target. All done with my M1A, which was a first as well.
Pepper Spray did a great job with her instruction to earn her Read Hat.
It was great to see Mitch overcome some equipment malfunctions to punch through and shoot his first Rifleman score at his second Appleseed.
It was great that a two each of the Ohio and Indiana cadre came up to earn their Winterseed patches in Michigan's Winter Wonderland.
Wish I could have come back Sunday to help retire Pepper Sprays Orange Hat as I'm sure, despite 3 Dogs best efforts, it didn't get enough 30 cal ventilation.
As always great job from an excellent team of instructors.
Merry Christmas all !
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

Captain

Congrats to the Riflemen! Sounds like you had an extorts challenge in the conditions.

Big congratulations also to Pepper Spray for earning your RedHat!!  Huzzah!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Dave Rose

As usual Click ran a fantastic event. Thank You to all the instructors that came to make it possible!

A special congratulations to Pepper Spray for working so hard to achieve her Red Hat, she did a great job!

Fidget

;D We had a very cool weekend! ;D
It was a weekend full of great instructors and one student who scored rifleman for the first time. I am hoping that this new rifleman will take an Orange Hat. 🤞

Pictures of the event:

Those who patched:

Distinguished:

Super Trooper Memorial Volley:

PepperSpray Red Hat:

Fun Pictures:

Most of my books are here: https://www.librarycat.org/lib/bflysmile

Pepper Spray

Thank you for the wonderful weekend and the encouragement! Certainly a shoot for the books!
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton

Post tenebras lux

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now." -Alex and Brett Harris from Do Hard Things

Chieflane

Pepper Spray

Congratulations on your Red Hat, It was a great weekend. I have my calendar marked for two years from now for a Pistol Clinic in Piqua, Ohio. Will see you there.

Chieflane

MI-copperhead

Posting pictures for WingWrench
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

MI-copperhead

More from WingWrench
Thomas Jefferson

MI-copperhead

More from WingWrench
Thomas Jefferson

MI-copperhead

More from WingWrench
Thomas Jefferson