News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Vegas, NV AAR December 11-12th 2021

Started by whangdoodle, December 12, 2021, 10:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whangdoodle

A great end to the year in Nevada!
A cold snap rolled in over the last week and temperatures have been reaching into the 30s. I'm sure this change was not lost on the students who had signed up the week before when the days were still in the 70s. As bundled up instructors setup on Saturday morning, intrepid Americans slowly began to roll in. Our group made up a motley crew so of course camaraderie was immediate and high.
We also welcomed the return of Captain who brought experience and expertise to the event. A big thank you goes out to him.
A small group like ours this weekend afforded some opportunities for more personalized instruction. Instructors were able to spend more time with students and straighten out and kinks.
The weekend ended by shooting a steel ram at 500 yards with everyone making good hits.
A good time was had by all despite the meat sweats.
See you next year!

derschneller

Another great event with positive attitudes and continuous progress over the course of two days in the desert chill! Seeing everyone apply the fundamentals to make hits at 500 yards and the words of Joseph Warren (as shared by Captain) were enough to warm our spirits as we wrapped up Sunday afternoon.

NYRanger4life

This was my first Project Appleseed event and I had an awesome time. I'm already recommending it to everybody. Thanks for a great time.

derschneller

Thanks for coming out for your first Appleseed - I look forward to seeing you again at the next one!