News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI AAR - Dec. 5, 2021

Started by Theokestral, December 06, 2021, 09:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theokestral

7 students persevered against the elements. Wintry mix of snow, sleet, and rain throughout the day. Wind chill around 25 degrees. Sustained wind speeds of 20 mph with gusts in the 30s. Mud was an inescapable inevitability.

The adverse weather was contrasted by the positive spirits of everyone.

One man earned his winterseed patch with a 211. Another man was knocking on the door with scores just shy of 210.

Thank you to all the wonderful instructors who arrived to help teach marksmanship and share our heritage.

Theokestral

More photos.

Red Wing

This was...something! Many thanks for the outstanding, quality instruction and insightful tips shared with me by all the shoot bosses, red hats, orange hats, and other rifleman (qualified and aspiring both). I took as much in as I could and tried to make it my own. This is my fourth Appleseed (including one KD), and, without a doubt, the one where I got a chance to demonstrate the truth in, "A rifleman persists." Having qualified, and re-qualified, in my second Appleseed, I am honored (and proud) to have earned a Winterseed patch under adverse conditions. That I was able to qualify is an undeniable testament to the quality of the Appleseed marksmanship program and its instructors.

Special thanks to Iron Mike, and his better half, Momma Bear59: Your enthusiasm and warmth make it easy to get back on the line time and again.

Cheers, all! Enjoy the pics!

--Red Wing
Rifleman & Requal. 9/19/21; 1x Prism
Winterseed Rifleman 12/5/21; 1-6x LPVO
Distinguished (240/250) 5/14/22; 1-6x LPVO
Orange Hat 5/14/22
Known Distance 5/21/22; 1-6x LPVO
Instructor Boot Camp: Racine 10/22/22
Qualified w/ Irons! 2/18/23

JustKim

WOW!  I think y'all have to be a bit crazy!  BRRRR -- Congrats on your winterseed patch -- I definitely do not see one of those in my future.
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Red Wing

Question: Who was the Orange Hat assisting last Sunday? He noticed my rifle is over-gassed (ejecting at 1 o'clock) and recommended a particular gas tube as a fix. Sorry to say, I don't remember his name, or the name of the gas tube. Any help appreciated.

--Red Wing
Orange Hat 5/14/22

Dave 11H

Red Wing,
My name is Dave. Dave 11H here on the forum.

The product I mentioned is the EZ-Tune Gas tube from Black River Tactical.
https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Adjustable-Gas-Drive-c6464009

If you have any other questions about your AR get in touch with me through my website DWCustomsffl07.com
5/29-30/2010 First Rifleman
12/06/20 Second Rifleman (Winterseed)
9/18-19/21 Orange Hat

Red Wing

Dave!

Thanks for getting back to me. In the meantime, I knuckled down and engaged my google-fu skills to track down a 'reduced-gas gas tube', found Black River Tactical and, long story short: the new tube is already installed. The difference in port sizes is remarkable! Haven't been back out with it yet. Might get some time in on a 200 yard target on a warm weekend in February--after steady hold factors and reading wind, kneeling is my KD weak-spot. I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers!
Orange Hat 5/14/22