News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sunday shooting at The Guy's farm....

Started by The Guy, August 12, 2007, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guy

.... and the, er, manure pile backstop.

I have been working my nephew Biker on the QDAQT these last two weeks.  He had attended the Long Island Appleseed back when, and he did well, but not quite Rifleman.  He has been driven ever since to make it, after posting a 199 in NY.

Well, I am happy to say that a congrats are in order, with a 211.  This time from all 3 positions, under the clock.  And with one lost round in the sitting satge from a misfeed!

I gave him a 10-22 Liberty Rifle (to keep, of course) when he arrived back in Illinois for a month, and he has been shooting one inch squares untill his eyes go crossed.  By the numbers, with NPOA.

His first target today was a 198.  His second a 205.  Would have been a 217 if the 4 he dropped out of standing had been at least a 3.  And, on that one, he only dropped a total of 4 points on stage 4, for a stage four score of 96!  If that 24 on standing hadn't of been so bad, he would have hit 210+ easy.

It was 1730, and still at 100 deg when I asked him if we were done or "just one more".

"One more" was the imediate response.  Making us late getting him home, but well worth it, as he arived with his coveted Rifleman Badge of Honnor.

And now NY, both the city and the state, has another dedicated Rifleman in the fold.  To bad Illinois(ucks) has to loose him back to that cesspit.  Such is life.

Interesting thing was, Fred called from Vermont while he was shooting the last one.  So Fred had a hand in making this one too, with spiritual support.

Biker wanted to thank Fred and Junior Birdman for teaching him in Long Island, and to all you out there still Knocking on the door, he had one word....

"Persivere!"

And the day is done, but tommorow is just a little brighter, with the addition of one more All-American to the Ranks.

A Rifleman.

The Guy
Biker

Junior Birdman

Very cool indeed!  Congrats Biker! 
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Fred

Gotta have a bright future in front of him - makes me envious!

A bright personal future, in a nation with a dark future.

But maybe a brighter future as Biker rolls up his sleeves and joins us at the wheel with his shoulder...

Say, Guy - is he French ? - it's persevere!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Guy

So when are we getting spell check anyway..... ???

Nickle

Aw, just learn how to spell.

We're just going to HAVE to get Biker up to Jericho this fall, and get through his 2nd Appleseed, then draft him as an IIT, assuming he's willing.

New York doesn't have any Instructors yet, nor does Southern New England. Extra hands sure would make for (a little) less work for all (or more events).
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.