News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO AAR September 25-26, 2021

Started by 209Ken, September 27, 2021, 11:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Not sure we could have ordered better weather for an Appleseed weekend than we had!! Saturday's early morning fog disappeared quickly into a beautiful fall day full of sunshine and blue skies.

We started off with 18 awesome shooters who came ready to learn some marksmanship and history! A big thank you to Scott and Stacy for bringing Venture Crew 322 from Eureka, MO!! These young men were a pleasure to instruct. On Saturday, Scott earned his riflemen patch with a score of 230!!

On Sunday, we had much of the same great weather which gave way to two more riflemen...Glaydon with a score of 213 and Dennis with a score of 217!  ^:)^
Sunday afternoon we were treated to a musket demonstration by instructor Flintlock54 that was thoroughly enjoyed by all!! Many participants even took a turn in shooting it. The crowd cheered every time someone was able to hit the metal target and hear that loud "ping"!!

We ended Sunday afternoon with two riflemen deciding to make a difference and take their orange hat!! Stay tuned for details! What a great way to end an awesome weekend!!!

Thank you Bench Rest Rifle Club for being such a gracious host and always having the range in tip-top shape! We really appreciate it!

If you have any comments or pictures from this weekend, please post them. I will post pictures soon.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Chazzle

Great Group!  The weather was perfect!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
~Thomas Paine (1777)

NPOA is a cruel mistress....ignore her, and you'll be sorry! ~Chazzle (2019)

209Ken

Check-ins begin

Let's get started

Rifleman Scott

Instructor meeting

Prone

Rifleman Glaydon

Flintlock54 with his musket

Youth Shooters

Rifleman Dennis

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

TheBrowncoat takes the orange hat! Thanks for stepping up. Now, it's time to get to work!

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe